Trumpet graded exams

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetfart123, Jun 7, 2013.

1. trumpetfart123

trumpetfart123 Pianissimo User

May 9, 2010
    Ireland
    Hi,

I am based in Ireland, and we can do graded exams from grade 1 to grade 8.

My question is, what follows on after grade 8?

Thanks
    Antony
    :huh:

2. BrassEye

BrassEye Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2011
    Hi Antony

Should you wish, you can carry on to various diplomas offered by the exam boards.

3. trumpetfart123

May 9, 2010
    Ireland
    Nice one Brass Eye, I looked on the abrsm and all i could see is diploma for teaching music, which is what i dont want to do. i think the best thing to do is ask my teacher. i want to see the syllabus and sheet music ect, there are available for the next level.

thanks for your info

4. BrassEye

BrassEye Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2011
    You can do diplomas in performance, teaching, and I think music direction with the ABRSM. There are 3 levels of diploma with that board, the first level being the DipABRSM.

5. trumpetfart123

May 9, 2010
    Ireland
    Is there a link where you can get to see the choice of songs for the diploma.

Thanks again for your help

6. BrassEye

BrassEye Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2011
  7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Things get real technical after grade 8. Here is an example of the Graduate Grade Exam Question. If you are playing a trumpet on a train leaving Chicago at 6:55 AM accelerating to maximum maintained speed of 45 mph within 4 minutes, and a second player begins playing on a second train leaving the St. Louis station at 8:58 that same morning reaching its maximum maintained speed at 40 mph within 3 minutes;

1) What harmonic will a listener here standing 6 feet from the track hear at the exact time their rail cars pass; assuming each trumpet player begins their trips playing Bugler's Holiday at 120 bpm, and the second trumpet player begins the tune at exactly the same time the first trumpet plays his 135th repeat of this song at?

2) At what location will this listener be found?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    ... and what colour is the first trumpeter's left sock?

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    The Extra Credit Question on the Graduate Grade Trumpet Exam

What gifted musician created the revolutionary technical skill known as the RAY OF POWER.

A. Ray Charles
    B. Alvino Rey
    C. Vulgano Brother
    D. Rowuk
    E. Kingtrumpet

10. Angelajohn

Angelajohn New Friend

Jun 6, 2013
    I think you should next follow your hobby because you should choose what you like to become in future no need to do anything which you don't have any interest. Choose your studies according to your nature and likes because it's all your life no one else has the right to interfere in your life.