Trumpet Hang on Oct. 15 in Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Cowtowntrumpet, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Cowtowntrumpet

Cowtowntrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Moved my post to this forum.

Trumpet Hang in Columbus, OH on Saturday Oct. 15 12-3
    Hi,

On TH I started a thread about a trumpet hang I am hosting in Worthington(a suburb of Columbus, OH) on Saturday, Oct. 15.
    It will run from 12 -3 and there will be many horns to try and some for sale/trade.

Here is the main post from Trumpet Herald:

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:25 am Post subject:
    The horns I know about so far are now updated below. I will let you know if there is anything going on in the area that evening as the event gets closer. Please let me know if you are coming for sure, so I can have an estimate on the head count(I need to do all the set up myself and thankfully some of my friends will help!) They have around 100 chairs that can be set up. I will put a bit more out than those that respond.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:10 pm Post subject: Trumpet Hang Columbus, OH Oct. 15!
    Hello fellow trumpeters,

I am hosting a trumpet hang in Worthington, OH a suburb of Columbus on Saturday, Oct. 15 from 12 - 3 pm(unfortunately they are closed on Sundays). It will be at the Griswold Center in their town hall room which holds up to 110 people. I will have tables set up to put your horns on if you wish and there should be a great selection of trumpets to try. There will be seats so you can take a break an relax a bit. It is a free event and no pre-registration is required.
    I will supply free bottled water . They have water fountains too. No alcohol is allowed on the premises. They have nice restrooms and a carpeted floor and two outdoor patios in case you want to hear yourself better.

The Griswold Center is just steps from Olde Worthington's downtown area and the new McConnell Arts Complex(the MAC). The Griswold Center is at 777 High St., Worthington, OH 43085 if you wish to mapquest it. It is less than five minutes away from the highway.

It should be a fun time!

Please let me know if you plan on coming and what trumpets you might be bringing. I will try to keep adding to the list!

So far, I know there will be these horns to try(updated evening 8/7):

Schilke B5
    Monette 993(I think)
    Customized Bach 43
    Bach 72
    Three Lawlers, all C7s, one gold plated, one deluxe model and one with two bells ( STS conversion)
    V-Raptor
    Gold plated Bach 37
    Sterling Bell Bach 37
    Regular Bach 37
    Kanstul Marvin Stamm Model
    Stage One California Light
    LA Benge in the 8,000s
    Stage One Broadway model
    Olds Recording
    Olds Mendez
    Olds Clark Terry model
    Olds LA Super (two)
    Conn Vocabell 40B
    Conn Vocabell 48B
    Kanstul 1502
    Benge 90B
    Yamaha 632
    King Liberty 1920's
    Jupiter Flugelhorn with rose bell, 846 model
    Courtois 154R Flugel horn
    a Custom Large Bore Calicchio 3LZ/3rL
    a LA Benge C trumpet, a Courtois Piccolo
    possibly a mid sixties Holton Galaxy
    Conn Coprion Bell Franken trumpet
    Conn Vintage 1 w rose brass bell and 50 leadpipe
    Bach NY67, large bore 25 gold brass bell.
    Olds Super, refurbed (fullerton)
    Olds Special, refurbed (fullerton)
    Conn Connstellation (38b UMI)
    Bach 180 mlv, 65 gold brass w/44 leadpipe.
    Benge 3x (older UMI)
    Two Scodwell trumpets
    Harrelson Summit
    73 caliccio 1s2
    4 Lawlers
    About eight others I have not listed yet.

Please help get the word out and I hope some of you can make it!

Thanks,

Jeff

PS - Please contact me with any questions. I can be reached at [email protected] too.

PPS - thread link to Trumpet Herald: Trumpet Hang Columbus, OH Oct. 15! - View topic: Trumpet Herald forum

2. Cowtowntrumpet

Nov 16, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Hi,

I just wanted to invite those trumpet players that might be coming and use facebook to RSVP to this facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=276808052345915

Thanks and hope to see some of you at the Hang. Will let you know if anything interesting is going on that evening in town or if I book a band after the event.

Take care,

Jeff

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Put a 1940's vintage Martin Committee in the line up and I'm there. AND if its for sale, I'm there with cash in my hand!

4. Cowtowntrumpet

Nov 16, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Well, so far I don't think anyone is bringing a Committee, especially one from the 40's, but you never know, someone might show up with one! I also wanted to bump this to the top for folks that haven't seen that there is a facebook page now.
    Don't worry about the low guest count. I have heard from at least 15 - 20 others that are coming that don't use facebook or just haven't responded to the facebook page. Hopefully, there is a nice concert or two somewhere in town that night.

I will start looking in another week or so.

Take care,

Jeff

5. Cowtowntrumpet

Nov 16, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Actually, I think someone is bringing a 40's Committee, but I am not sure he wants to part with it. Also, Alexa Yates, Bach clinician and GR consultant will be on hand to give mouthpiece fittings. Please contact her directly at: [email protected] for an appointment and whatever fees she may charge.
    Also Pat Harbison(Indiana U. trumpet professor and Bach clinician) will be on hand to give lessons. It should be a fun day and I hope some of you can make it.

Thanks,

Jeff

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Jeff,

I am seriously wanting to attend this. If I get approval of my manager (my wife), I will definately be there. It is worth it just to try a Committee (even if it is not for sale).

Gary

PS: I will be leaving a band rehearsal at noon so will not arrive until 1-2 PM. In know it will be only an hour that I can attend, but it sounds like an hour well worth the trip.

7. Cowtowntrumpet

Nov 16, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Hi,

Actually, after re-reading the email from the guy he says he is probably bringing the Committee and I could be wrong about it being 40's.
    I sent a note to clarify. Don't want you to come if the main reason you are coming is not there! I still say you never know what might show up. I have no idea what people are bringing from their own stash, at least for the most part. Sorry, I can't guarantee a 40'sCommittee being there at this point. My mistake. I will keep you updated with what I hear.

8. Cowtowntrumpet

Nov 16, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    A person has said they are going to bring a 1945 Martin Committe. Hope that helps with your decision Gmonady.
    He just told me again he was coming, but I can't make guarantees for others. I would assume he is going to keep his word! That will be a fun instrument to try!

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I will try to get there by one. I will let my band know i will leave rehearsal by noon so I can get to Columbus by close to 1 PM as possible. I already see you have an Olds Recording. However, I am expecting my refirbished Olds Recording back this week from Tom Green. If you want to have a Recording that has just been refirbished I may be able to bring this one as well. I do have a 4 valve Getzen Eterna flugelhorn. Let me know if that would be a horn you would like to include in the Trumpet hang.

10. Cowtowntrumpet

Nov 16, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Sounds good! Bring them both along, my Olds Recording was refurbished by Kanstul. It would be fun to compare and the four valve Getzen flugel sounds interesting! Glad you are coming! I look forward to meeting you.

See ya Saturday,

Jeff

PS - A Wild Thing, a Kanstul 1500A, a Kanstul 1502, a customized Bach, and a Monette Flumpet will be on hand too.
    These are new, late additions to the list.