Trumpet Hang on Oct. 15 in Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Cowtowntrumpet, Aug 24, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh and yes Cowtowntrumpet, what a great show you put on. I do look forward to another. And it was really great to connect with Leo, and we had truly connected with so many things to talk about, and NOT ONE OF THEM being fast cars and women, even though he did drive me from Dayton to Columbus in his corvette. And while I did complement Leo on his horn, nice car Leo!

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    wow.. so cool.. thanks for your take on the horns gmandy. I am not the least bit surprised about the Recording playing easier than the Martin. I wish you had a 1525 Kanstul there ... they sound like French horns below the staff. I will say once you get use to the 4th valve it does ruin you a little bit.
    Maybe we can put something like that together out here in LA. God knows there are enough trumpets in the Valley.

3. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    The whole event sounded like a real good time for trumpeters. Thanks for the rundown Gman. It sounded like so many horns...so little time. I was surprised to hear that the Mendez didn't perform well. Maybe it was too much peer pressure from the Recording and the Committee.

4. Cowtowntrumpet

Cowtowntrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks Gary and Leo. It was great meeting you both. I wish I could have spent more time with everyone!
    Maybe a longer event next time. I guarantee it will bigger next time. I will get the Olds Mendez looked at. I haven't played it much, but I want those valves to fly! I do love the Olds Recording too. I didn't get a chance to try the Committee. I was also gone for an hour doing a GR mouthpiece consultation with Alexa. She was just great and gave me some good playing advice to boot. She knows her stuff and is such a kind person. Pat Harbison was very kind and cool too. I had some time to talk to him after I tore down the tables. It was great meeting fellow trumpet players and everyone seemed so genuine and nice...and that is saying something in room full of trumpet players! :-P

Thanks everyone who came out. I will be looking to be putting on a bigger trumpet hang in the spring.

Take care,

Jeff

PS - I didn't get to hear many people play, but I heard Gary play and wow, he is quite the player!

5. Cowtowntrumpet

Cowtowntrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Here are a couple pictures of the trumpet hang that Leo took. Thanks Leo!

- Jeff

Sorry pics did not load properly and I don't know how to delete this post!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011