Trumpet Heroes Graves

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Firestas'1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Firestas'1

Firestas'1 Piano User

Dec 21, 2006
    New Jersey
    I recently re-read an old thread describing a visit to the grave of Clifford Brown.

Since I am planning a trip to Paris and planned on visiting some of the famous graves there, I thought I would try to find the grave of J.B. Arban; so far I have had no luck. Does anyone have any info on this?

Then I had another thought; wouldn't it be great to compile a list or database of graves of our trumpet heroes, teachers, and performers, sort of a trumpet pilgrimage list.

Good idea, bad idea?

Comments?

2. Printer

Printer New Friend

May 1, 2010
    San Francisco
    Pre Lachaise . This is the link to the most famous cemetary in Paris, which is well worth a visit. Everyone from Jim Morrison to Oscar Wilde and Edith Piaf.

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Nice idea, a considered way of showing respect - wouldn't want it to get tacky with bus loads of tourists though.

4. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    If you plan to visit the "Père Lachaise" cemetery, just entering you can ask for the location of the graves you want to visit. Ask for Jean-Baptiste Arban... Not sure you find : Arban dead in Paris, but there are many others cemetaries in the area. Make us know if you find, it's a great idea. Thanks.

5. charles1963

charles1963 New Friend

May 15, 2009