Trumpet Instrumentals

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bamajazzlady, Apr 9, 2014.

1. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
  2. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
  3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    "Trumpet solo by Pete Condoli." Holy smoke! Pete Condoli was one of the greatest studio jazz players ever. Pete played on the iconic "Peter Gunn" recordings. This is kind of sad. Shows just how great players are challenged to make a living, on one hand, and just how versatile they are on the other. Very interesting cut.

As an aside, this recording is also a bit deceptive regarding the leadership - e.g. Johnny Maddox. Maddox was actually a very good ragtime pianist, so this recording is not indicative of his usual playing, any more than is Condoli's for himself. For a long time, I thought Maddox was "Crazy Otto" because of the recording he made under that title; a recording of German folk songs

4. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
  5. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Man, that's long.

6. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    :) it's not the same song for 11 mins... there are 3 different songs ... you may not feel any differences , but I don't blame you :) there are alot europeans that can't recognize and understand east european music styles

7. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    It's not that it's long for one song. For me, in basically the same style and with little variation in the context, it's a long 11 minutes, one or three songs, notwithstanding.