Trumpet is like golf....is it just me?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by motteatoj, May 28, 2013.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    The management of the course wouldn't allow this as it disturbs players attempting their best on other holes, besides most courses now require a player to ride the cart between holes to optimize the maximum players on the course and the ka-ching of their cash receipts for the rental of such carts and greens fees. Well due to my health, I sold my clubs but still use my golf shoes as crampons to walk where is it is icy. I haven't converted my metal spikes to the soft resin ones ... in fact, I bought all the remaining stock of metal spikes from one sports shop for a penny on the dollar. However, where I now live where is such hazard of ice?

2. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Auto racing - because basketball, baseball, and golf only require one ball....

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Sorry, but more balls are needed in most games. If you've ever played golf, a ball in the water is gone, and replaced with another. The umpires often call for baseball and football replacements. True, they are played with just one ball ... at a time.
    So too is ping-pong and tennis. Even auto racing usually has a back-up car.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Not the way I play golf... But I do get your point... or points... after I sat on it for awhile.