Trumpet Lessons Over Skype

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by linktrek, Jun 30, 2013.

1. linktrek

linktrek New Friend

May 14, 2013
    Palm Bay,FL
    Does anyone know nyone who does this? If there are any trumpet teachers who would like to give private lessons over the Internet, I would be happy to help you get set up.

Regards,

Irwin*

2. linktrek

linktrek New Friend

May 14, 2013
    Palm Bay,FL
    Step number 1 would be to download and install the program "Skype" which is a program which allows you to have a video conference with others..

Step number 2 would be to set up an account with Paypal so that you could get paid by your students.

3. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Irwin, I've seen quite a few people offering lessons online via Skype - the names I can recall (mainly because they also have some good YouTube tutorials) are Charlie Porter, Eric Bolvin and Greg Spence. Not sure how good a substitute for a "live" lesson it would be, but online lessons would provide access to some great teachers. I'm sure that Google would turn up a whole heap more online teachers.

Cheers, tj

4. dBeav

dBeav Pianissimo User

May 1, 2013
    Detroit Area
    To start my "comeback" I was able to get hooked up with an instructor over Skype. If nothing else he has been able to give me materials and direction along with words of encouragement. For me it has been a great way to get started.

5. grantyg

grantyg New Friend

Feb 4, 2007
    Scotland
    Online lessons work great I teach 40 kids a week via video link in rural scotland and have been ofr 8 years!

6. linktrek

linktrek New Friend

May 14, 2013
    Palm Bay,FL
    DrMark is starting to coach my comeback. But I need to hook up with an online teacher. I can't afford an in person teacher. This is the first time I am playing the trumpet since aprox 1978. I played trumpet from the 1st grade through high school and then some after that. I got an incredible break. I found a new $99 trumpet on eBay that I ended up getting for free. I matched it up with a Bobby Shew mpc. I am starting to hit double G's when I first am fresh. I never got above the D over high C before. So I am blessed so far in my comeback. Of course my endurance is pathetic. I think I can play for about 10 mins before I am burned out. But I always had that problem from years ago. Boy! It's a long way from playing last in 1978 and picking the trumpet up now in 2013.

BTW Everyone is poking fun at the Chinese low priced trumpets. I played Bach's Bendges Selmer Radials and all kinds of trumpets in my life. This is the first time I am hitting double G's. So I am going to defend my Chinese trumpet. It is made by a small trumpet company from China called "OPUS" My model has USA stamped on the bell. Their website shows pics of the workers putting sax's together by hand. I love my $99 (actually free) trumpet. The wife would never let me get a $1k trumpet. That is unless I can start playing incredibley well on the trumpet I have :D

7. linktrek

linktrek New Friend

May 14, 2013
    Palm Bay,FL
    ignore this post ....

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  8. linktrek

linktrek New Friend

May 14, 2013
    Palm Bay,FL
    Wanna teach me?

9. motteatoj

motteatoj Mezzo Forte User

Feb 23, 2013
    Tuckahoe, NY
    Ivan Hunter does this, also Bobby Shew

10. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    FaceTime works well too. Better quality, in my opinion.