Trumpet made with dents?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ChrisDB, Nov 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ChrisDB

ChrisDB Banned

Nov 20, 2014
    So I recently purchased a jupiter Xo 1602s trumpet and I noticed a dent only about a month in...I am in a marching band and there are very rough environments for an instrument, so I started using my old one. Getting to the point both my trumpets have a dent under the first valve slide and its pretty big on both of them, is was it made like this? I have seen a show that said that I just could not word this problem

2. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Check how it sits in your case......

3. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    I've heard of intentional dents in some natural and keyed trumpets (Help me out here Barliman) but not in standard Bb

4. ChrisDB

ChrisDB Banned

Nov 20, 2014
    Pretty well I really dont know that might it though.

5. ulli926

ulli926 New Friend

Dec 21, 2010
    Nicely dented 'singing bell' from Brassego/Austria. You can even sent your horn for denting (up to € 650.-)

Veredelung - brassego.at

Seems to play great.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    School trumpets commonly have dents where the horn and chair that it is often laid on meet (bell). In addition there is often a dent on the second valve slide bow from laying the trumpet down on the wrong side.

I would look for something like this. Trumpets should be in your hand making music, or in the case. Trumpet stands and chairs are bad for trumpets!

7. ChrisDB

ChrisDB Banned

Nov 20, 2014

I never lay it down like that, my school is very picky about where we put our instruments even if its owned by yourself. Thanks for the help though.