Trumpet Manuals/Catalogs

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Jun 6, 2012.

1. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    GM, so do people actually care for their committee's this way? I would think that oxidation from so much water exposure would become a problem over the years. Wht do you do with yours?

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I do what the instructions tell me to do. I flush it with water once a month, then send valve oil down the first slide on my next playing. The valves remain lightening fast, and I would like to believe, as a result of caring for the horn as so directed.

AND if not mistaken, this response makes me an Utimate user. I feel the same when it comes to the Martin Committee. Since playing it now 7 months, I feel like an utimate user of this fine piece of equipment.

D.C. Al fine likes this.
  3. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Here's an interesting one. The Bach cup lettering system originally corresponded (more or less) to the key of the horn it was to be used on.

[​IMG]

4. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Dale,

That is neat. Interesting that B models"have B natural trumpet cups". - I'm not even familiar with a B natural horn. While numbering and lettering systems maymake logical sense to many, I still wish one system had been used from the start that was easy to understand and intuitive. Anyway, thanks for sharing.