Trumpet Masters only?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by allan birmantas, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Stefen

Stefen Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2013
    Sutton Bridge, LINCS. UK
    I really like this version of MASTER.

2. allan birmantas

allan birmantas Pianissimo User

Aug 24, 2013
    kewanee.il
    OK you guys. I get it and I sigh a sigh of relief. Loved the comments, and I think I might just fit in here. Since I can't play any more, maybe I can hang with guys( or girls) who can.

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Hmm, requirements. Registered with an alias (family dog's name) then started typing. Yeah, that's about it! Oh yeah, I do play and collects trumpets.

As far as being a "master", Nobody has learned how to play the trumpet. It's endless. - Maynard Ferguson

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Then that would be ψ[SUP]2[/SUP]

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    My cat Bear signed me up and still does most of the posting. He has more typing skill than my scratch and peck style.

He asked me to ask Allan, why he can't play any more.

6. allan birmantas

Aug 24, 2013
    kewanee.il
    What is the purpose of the 4th valve?

7. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    The fourth valve adds a length of tubing on a flugelhorn or on a piccolo trumpet (where we normally see them). Usually, this longer length allows one to play additional notes on the low end of the horn, as well as "curing" some notes (such as D or C#) which tend to have intonation problems. In most horns the extra tubing takes the horn down a fourth.

8. allan birmantas

Aug 24, 2013
    kewanee.il
    I can't play any more because I get weird discomfort in my chest when I play. Not pain, just a strange feeling. The world won't miss my playing, after being off for some 40 years I never did recover my chops. Thanks for asking. I played from ages 10 through 29. Grammar school band, High School and the 10 years in several AF Bands. My favorite position was 2nd or jazz chair, but sometimes I did play first chair. TMI? Never had a real trumpet teacher, but had one lesson with the principal trpt. player of the CSO back in the 50s. Unfortunately he didn't show up and I got a "lesson" from one of his advanced students who mostly played for me, and yes he was impressive.

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Such doesn't define what each of us is best at. I'll have to ask my wife what she thinks I'm best at. I certainly don't expect her answer to be: "A trumpet player!"

tobylou8 likes this.
  10. -C-

-C- Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2011
    The trumpet is the master, not us.