Trumpet Masters only?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by allan birmantas, Sep 1, 2013.

1. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Allow me to clarify this one please. The fourth valve is only made by the instrument companies to entice the N+1 sufferers and those having craving for extra gadgets. Sadly, there is no use to it. It is non functional and merely decorative, to entice N+1 sufferers into purchasing the next toy.
    That is the absolute truth, I have researched this............:sorry:

2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Yes BigDub its's just like those special horns with whisper keys.

3. Dean_0

Dean_0 Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    NE
    Well ?

I MUST be in the wrong forum?

I thought TM was for Education /Tips/ Attitude/Camaraderie ,of all us student ;-) trumpet players?

I never thought i would have to be witty too? :shock:

Dean_0

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Though appreciated by many, it is not required.

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    An ITG review from 2005.

The newest player in the Internet trumpet community is a forum-based website called the “Trumpet Master.” This forum uses the same PHP-BBS system as the Trumpet Herald, which means that you visit their web site to read messages and post your own there rather than doing so through an EMail discussion list such as the Trumpet Players’ International Network (TPIN). There are not as many people participating in the Trumpet Master community as there are on Trumpet Herald, but some prefer a smaller community. What makes TM unique and extremely valuable is that they have created special forums specifically for working professionals.

Manny Laureano, principal trumpet of the Minnesota Orchestra, and Wilmer Wise, long-time New York City freelancer, are the moderators of their own forums called “Manny 911!” and “Wise Talk!” respectively. They are available to answer any questions and they have enough control over the discussion to keep out the “riff-raff” and to keep the discussions going in positive and meaningful ways. Other forums do not provide this kind of structure so it can often be frustrating and difficult for a top pro player to be involved in discussions on a long-term basis. Manny and Wilmer give a great deal of their time and wisdom to their forums. Sage advice from top working pros is a valuable commodity that was difficult to obtain in the pre-Internet days. Now, it’s there for anyone to use.

Word on the street is that a TH member, Trumpetmaster, became frustrated and started his own site. I dunno.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yes

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Just don't try and read his prescriptions!

8. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    No, the trumpet is the mistress. And a demanding one, at that!

9. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    Perhaps it's that I have too many mistresses, which is creating jealousy?

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    My ST-302 was pouting the other day. So I pulled her out an we fooled around a bit!