Trumpet MIDI website

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by klorenz, Aug 11, 2004.

1. klorenz

klorenz New Friend

Aug 11, 2004
    Hey folks, hope all is well! I'm sure that many of you are aware of the trumpet midi website that I have created about a year ago. If you are not familiar with this website it is:

http://www.geocities.com/trumpetmidi

I built it a little over a year ago and as you can see, it's pretty shabby. Although I was an information systems major in college, I have little experience in web desgn and I don't really have the time/patience to put into this website. I'm sure there are a lot of web designers/computer hobbyists on this forum that could put together a professional looking website with it's own domain. As a just graduated from college and started my first full-time job, I don't have a ton of money to spend, but wouldn't mind putting a few bucks into this website to make it look great. I also wish to add a lot more content as sequencing classical trumpet stuff is one of my hobbies (I'm real exciting aren't I!! hehehe). Anyway, if anyone is interesting in building this site, please contact me via this forum or by email at [email protected]. Please send me information about costs as well as sample websites you have created in the past.

Also, for future updates, what would some of you out there like to see. I have access to a lot of music scores. Would there be any likelihood that people would be willing to pay for my services or website? I would also like to start including some PDFs of tunes. I'm not trying to blow my own horn (pun intended!), but i know that I have the most comprehensive trumpet MIDI site on the web. Do you folks think that it would absurd to charge a small amount for access to certain material on the site?? All suggestions/criticisms/requests are greatly appreciated.

Thank you all, and be well!
    ~Kurt Lorenz

2. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    That's cool

3. hazmat

hazmat New Friend

Dec 27, 2003
    Central Massachusetts
    The page doesn't load completely right in Netscape (text overlapping). It's a layer problem with the HTML.

4. ScreaminRaider

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Sounds like a personal problem :p

jk, Try Internet Explorer. It worked fine there

5. hazmat

hazmat New Friend

Dec 27, 2003
    Central Massachusetts
    Not that big a deal. All I was saying is that there was a coding problem. Anyway, I don't use IE unless I have to. I actually use Mozilla. So far it's the best browser out there. I've used it for over a year now and only had it freeze/crash once as opposed to IE which does almost everytime I use it. It just conflicts too much with my system. But anyway that's not what the post is about :)

6. ScreaminRaider

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    I know, I was just messin with ya....havin fun. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way

7. hazmat

hazmat New Friend

Dec 27, 2003
    Central Massachusetts
    No I knew you were just messin with me but I figured I should still explain myself since the original poster wanted feedback. I used to build websites from scratch (hard-coding and such) but I rarely do it anymore. I just got sick of sitting in a chair at a computer instead of a music stand. :)

8. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    But I'll bet it paid better! :cry:

Jim

9. hazmat

hazmat New Friend

Dec 27, 2003
    Central Massachusetts
    Maybe, but at the time I was about 15 and would make 1000-3000 per website plus I could create a good one in three or four days if I put my mind to it. It would take over a week with a lot of schoolwork though.

10. klorenz

klorenz New Friend

Aug 11, 2004
    If none of you guys at this forum can do it, is it possible that any of you could recommend someone who can for a reasonable price? I really don't want to spend more that 150-200.

Also, I didn't get any responses as to what type of content/solos/etc. that you would like to see posted on my site. Thanks!