trumpet mouthpiece on fluglehorn

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by songbook, Mar 15, 2011.

1. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
  2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    That's nice, thanks Trumpetnick! Btw, hang in there for the first 4 minutes (vocals) ... The flugel's coming.

Whatever notes you can coax out of these instruments are OK in my book. :thumbsup:

Turtle

3. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Link doesn't work for me.

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Most all the screaming sounds like Jeff Tkazyik, the lead trumpet in the session band.

5. Gary Borelli

Gary Borelli New Friend

Nov 5, 2010
    Stockton, CA
    Why would I think you are not telling the truth. If you can do it and do it melodically I think that is nothing short of fantastic. Tell me what the secret it to get there?

6. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    If you don't think you can adjust, you shouldn't play flugel horn.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Have you heard a flugel in the high range? I would not call it screaming. It has a whole different texture. Hear it first, before you criticize it.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    There was high trumpets a playing, but that sound at 4:17 was the definite high of a flugelhorn. I don't call it a acream... I call it a thrust. I is not nearly close to being the harsh sound of the trumpet. The sound of a high ranged flugelhorn is truly a beautiful thing, like hearing a dolphin cry.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Cyber_Shake (Blaine)... Do you have the recording of "Footprints" with Allen and I playing high range flugelhorns. If you do, please post it so we can show Rapier that this is truly an artful experience, and for those of us that can play this, take the art to a whold new level which as artist, means we should.

On our next EBQ CD, I will record some high range flugelhorn. It will not be just one note as the one at 4:17, it will be the phrase that is at the climax of the solo.

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    When I mentioned scream a page ago, in reference to Mic Gillette ... It was in the best sense of the word.

Scream = Good when it's a flugelhorn

Scream = Bad when it's your girlfriend/neighbor/boss :shock:

Turtle