Trumpet Multiple Choice Quiz

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dale Proctor, Feb 15, 2013.

1. ckkphoto

ckkphoto Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2013
    Northwest Georgia
    I am glad I picked no 1 as my fave. I play a Conn 22b and favor the sound over my Bach Strad.

2. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    It seems that some browsers won't recognize Photobucket videos. You can probably see them if you use a different one. Sorry...

Pictures of the test horns:

Horn A
    [​IMG]

Horn B
    [​IMG]

Horn C
    [​IMG]

Horn D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  3. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    When I bought my iMac (hence dead), recording was so easy. I really enjoyed doing it. Also, Garage Band made it easy to record multiple tracks. I whipped out all my horns: Bb, cornet, C, & D trumpets and set to work with a hymnal.

It was fun and worthwhile.

I can record on my PC, just takes more fiddling :(

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yes -- occasionally ole King Trumpet can be serious when he wants to be -- mostly KING TRUMPET likes to keep people guessing about all things KINGTRUMPET -- because is adds to my mysterious and unknown status!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Thanks for the info and the pictures. I use Firefox because it's not too bad, but apparently it doesn't work with Photobucket, although I'm pretty sure I've used it successfully before. IE won't open at all, so there ya go. The rest of the browsers available cause worse problems, so I don't use them. Electronics is such a new science, it's understandable that they haven't worked out all the bugs yet. A few more decades, and I'll bet we'll see a little improvement. Or is it little improvement?

6. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    I finally got the clips to come up in IE on a different computer. I guessed #2 and #3 correctly but got #1 and #4 reversed. I liked #3 the best.

7. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Thanks for your persistence. The Conn 76A makes a good trumpet. ;-) Stick a Bach 10-1/2C in it and it will give most trumpets a run for their money.

Both Conn trumpets have a nice sound. I'm trying to find a standard slide for the 22B - it plays more like the 6B with a standard slide (I tried one from another horn). The convoluted Bb/A rotor slide gives it a little too mellow tone to suit me, plus it's front-heavy with it. When I want mellow, I play a cornet with a deeper mouthpiece.