trumpet patch

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by cj_1993, Sep 15, 2011.

1. cj_1993

cj_1993 New Friend

Sep 12, 2011
    does anyone know where i can find a trumpet patch for a Letterman jacket.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    "Patches? We ain't got no patches. We don't need no patches. I don't have to show you any stinking patches!"
    OK, a bad parody of The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, but having a Letterman jacket is honor enough. No need for us to trumpet ourselves through our clothing--we do it by playing the trumpet.

3. scrap

scrap Pianissimo User

Oct 22, 2010
    York, South Carolina
    Though I agree with vulgano brother I'd suspect you could find them on ebay pretty easily. I've found flugel- patterned scrub hats there before...

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    There are computer sign shops that do this if they provide embroidery as many now do. If they don't have it in stock and one is in their resource book, the shop here charges $8.00 more and will get it. The actual patch prices vary with sizes and shapes.

5. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Yes... patches and bumper stickers too! I love it. Got a T-shirt from Cafe Express and its great fun. Go for it. Best wishes.

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I've seen the T-shirts at various music shops as are pre-prepared with ink silk screen printing process similar to the souvenir types, however these current sign shops can produce a custom one for about the same price as some music groups now sell theirs to the public to augment their expenses and earnings. IF, and a very big IF, I'd prefer an embroidered shirt much in the style of a team bowling shirt as if to outfit a community band that performed a lot outdoors in the warmer climes.

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Aren't letterman jackets associated with - sports - that activity in school that steals all of the budget and leaves no money left for the music department?

Why would a trumpet player need that?

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Back when I went to school, all the activities provided letters for the seniors, but then we each had to pay for the jacket in school colors which were then orded and have the patches sewn on when the jacket came in. The full price then for the jacket was $25.00 which today one couldn't buy for less than $200. While I had earned 4 letters, it was only the band one that I had sewn on my jacket as it had 5 stripes indicating the years I had participated in it while all my three others had less stripes.

It is mostly inflation that steals the budget together with decay of the infrastructure. The town high school building I went to has now been torn down (before it fell down) and consolidated with two other communities with a newly built campus as also now requires busing and cafeteria services. Yep, everything costs much more now than then, but most incomes have not juxtaposed this increase thereby the income and other taxes just aren't available to pay for what the governments (National, state, and local) provide. Dream on if you ever again expect to pay less than 25 cents for a gallon of gasoline again or go to a movie for the same cost, or even pay a nickel for a bottle of Coca-Cola, or a cup of coffee but I can still remember when such was possible.

9. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    our patch is our top lip scar .. wear it with pride

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    A top lip scar is the consequence of too much elbow pressure. I don't have one that is noticeable although my lips do feel more solid in that area (callusses???). Usually, lip scars develop over time from repeated split lips as happened to me only once.