Trumpet Player online - or is it?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by timbo, Jul 5, 2004.

1. timbo

timbo New Friend

Jan 21, 2004
    Plymouth, UK
    Anyone know what's up over at Trumpet Player Online? I haven't been able to get into it for a few days now, always came up as "page cannot be displayed". I did manage to get in tonight, but couldn't access any of the forums.

Guess I'll just have to stay here - they don't give away Eclipses over there anyway!

Cheers,
    Timbo

2. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Timbo

I am sorry to say that you will have to hang around until ermmmmmm December time before we start off the next contest, but it will be worth the wait.

Ive already been sent many suggestions of what the tasks should be, and many are unprintable,some just crazy and nearly all the rest impossible.

Trumpet players are some of the most enthusiastic and ingenious people on the planet when they are involved with something to do with winning a horn. :lol:

Until the next time Timbo!

Regards

Leigh

3. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    Leigh, I think the most important task should be to post the most bizarre picture of oneself. I think I might be in with a chance then! Whatever it is PLEASE don't include an essay! I'm crap at writing, as you can clearly see from my previous attempt! :oops:

4. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

I don't know what's up with TPO. I kinda miss it.
    But it doesn't have a lounge...

5. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    TPO was hacked by one of its members. Great idea...."I enjoy this site so much that I'll hack into it and ruin it for everyone else!"

6. timbo

timbo New Friend

Jan 21, 2004
    Plymouth, UK
    Yeah, amazing what some people do for fun.

By the way, Leigh, don't feel bad for not running another Eclipse contest until December. I'm astounded by your generosity for running it at all! You've got to be the most generous trumpet manufacturer on the planet, not to mention one of the best...

Till next time - I'll be there, unless I can find a spare £2000 in the meantime - unlikely :cry:

Cheers,
    Tim

7. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

I can't believe that...I wonder who it was :cry:

8. JMesh

JMesh New Friend

Mar 23, 2005
  9. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    I think the main page has been up for a long time. But the forums don't work.

10. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    What he said.

What happened to MVC right before the forum died? I know that after it got hacked he had it up and running, but everytime we tried to contact him (on the board) we got no response. I know that it died around Thanksgiving because that's when (out of trumpet forum deprived desperation) I joined both TGI and TH.

I miss it...but then again, I've found a nice home here and other places!

Lara :dontknow: