Trumpet Players Directory Website

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RustoleusMaximus, Jun 1, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Would "Grand Poo-bhaa" and "Poo-bhaa of Vice" work? And if Hargrove should join... could we make him the "vice-Roy". See, there are no politics with fudalism. And me, can I be an Ambassador... an Olds Ambassador?

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    So we need to get the link of this Fan Club off to the Trumpet Players Directory Website. Can we get Rowuk as our tech master?

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    now that I thought about it ---- maybe RustoleusM should head this up -- before you know it, somebody in the world will know me and I will be worldwide contactable --- and I think maybe we should hand it off to RustoleusM -- he seems to have a better handle on this than I.

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    you are absolutely shameless in your schoolgirl crush of the Doc........tell me I'm wrong. :-P:lol::cool:

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Great job! This is excellent.(excellent)
    How'd you highlight the word "fine", Robin? I tried it on my word excellent and you can hardly see it!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  6. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Great idea. Good luck!

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    think of it like this --- I mean how often do you get in contact with a real great trumpet player??? I mean can I exchange music CD's with Doc Severinsen, Phil Driscoll, or Wynton Marsalis -- would they email me back, or treat me as a friend -- EVEN though my trumpet skills are leagues away from them?? NO -- but good ole GM, he is a real sort of decent guy, and does that as many of you know. I have been "networking" GM and the band (EBQ - Eddie Brookshire Quintet) in central NY --- and when they come out with the new CD --- IT JUST MIGHT WIN A GRAMMY.

So you guys should think about that -- -how many times do you get to hang out, and exchange ideas and such with a GRAMMY WINNER???? yeah --- now who has the crush of good ole GM!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I was just messing with you. Your points are well taken but in spite of that, I'm right, you must admit!!!! What are friends for, but to tease and poke fun at one another. Truth be known, I'm a huge fan of the Doc as well. He's one in a million, that's for sure.;-)

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    and I am just messing with you -- but possibly knowing a future GRAMMY winner, Back in the late 80's I "sort of met" Chuck Mangione at a concert ---and went to many of Phil Driscoll concerts --- so they were GRAMMY winners --- but I never got a chance to hang with them.

OF COURSE -- that should remind me, and you, and many other people -- WHY RustoleusM has a really great idea with this thread -- and the real reason to RUN WITH IT --- and that is making connections.
    hey, RustoleusM --- you see, without TM, and networking -- I would have never had these opportunities -- and your new website -- will offer that many more networking opportunities for countless people ----- and that is PRICELESS

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I cannot wait to record our new CD. Jack Novotney (our sax player) has written some real high energy bop tunes, technically out there, full of fun and energy. I have written 2 that will likely appear, on that is a cross between a Lee Morgan and Kenny Durham swing tune, with a Dizzy ending (second A above staff), and the other an Afro-Cuban Ballad. Keigo (our pianist) wrote a bop piece that is Woody Shaw material. Then there is a cool spiritual piece written by the lead tenor player for Duke Ellington's band, Bobby Lavelle - a close friend of Eddie's. There will be a couple more bet if I tell too much... well there will be no suspense.

Thanks guys for your kind comments. The band has been playing more and more and we just keep getting tighter and tighter. And the Vizzutti concert was icing on the cake.