Trumpet Players & Messy Handwriting...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Annie, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    Anyone ever notice a corellation between trumpeters and messy handwriting? All the instructors I ever have had have had the WORST handwriting in the world...and I have horrible handwriting as well.

2. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Mines pretty bad aswell. Must be down to always running through Clarke No.1 whilst trying to write ;)

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I have always had very poor handwriting too. I just thought that it had something to do with the fact that I'm lazy when it comes to writing.

4. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    It has been said that the more education one has the worst the handwriting get. Doctors have a lot of education and the worst handwriting. This being the case, maybe those of you trumpet players who have bad handwriting should stop studying the trumpet and start playing it.

Conscience: Liad, are you saying this as a joke or what? :D

Liad Bar-EL

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I haven't been able to write since someone decided to make "word processors", computers and printers, and internet chat rooms publicly available. Now I find I can type faster than I can write and not only that but......... people can actually READ IT!!!!.

6. Welk

Welk New Friend

Jan 8, 2004
    Montréal, Canada
    I gotta say that my handwriting is bad as well...

I've heard that the one with bad handwriting are the one with more personnality. Someone that writes just as told by proffessor in school with fully formed letter is just someone that doesn't have personnality. The more your handwriting derive from that, the more your personnality is strong.

But Trumpeter are knowed to have strong personnality... so maybe there is a real correlation!

7. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Pianissimo User

Nov 19, 2003
    Phoenix, Az
    Hi Guys!
    eYe ken onnesly sey dat Meye hendriteing iss wunderfool and beuond reeproche. Az ewe caan cee, eIe praktees ehveree DEy!

Senseerly,
    dAn

8. DrunkIQ

DrunkIQ Pianissimo User

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    To be honest I cannot even read my own hand writting... glad I took typing classes back in my highschool days!

-marc

9. CalicchioMan

CalicchioMan Pianissimo User

Dec 23, 2003
    Lombard, IL
    My handwriting is terrible...but, my typing is legible.

10. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    I'm practically illegible in my handwriting, yet I'm a fairly decent drawer, go figure.

Off topic, ever notice a correlation between racecar drivers and high, squeaky voices?