Trumpet players North West England

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Stevetjb, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Stevetjb

Stevetjb New Friend

Feb 27, 2013
    England UK
    A big hello to everyone. I would like to try and link up with any trumpet players in the North West of England. I am in the Stockport Area. Please get in touch
    Kind regards

Steve

2. revjames

revjames Piano User

Nov 14, 2010
    Anglesey, North Wales
    Hi Steve,

Not exactly NW England BUT North Wales not too far away.... I'm in Anglesey!

3. Jane

Jane New Friend

Nov 8, 2013
    UK
    Hi Steve I am in Hale, but totally new to trumpet, I can just about make a noise so far as I only got my trumpet on Christmas day. A bit of a surprise as I play banjo!

4. revjames

revjames Piano User

Nov 14, 2010
    Anglesey, North Wales
    Welcome Jane, I'm in the North west, but Wales not England! Best of luck with it. Are you completely new to it or returning (as I did after a 30 year break) from playing at school etc?

5. Jane

Jane New Friend

Nov 8, 2013
    UK
    Yes I am a total trumpet newbie! I have a Mirage trumpet and barely a clue. I've downloaded some information and midi files of sample notes. I can just about play a C and hold it. My sons friend who is a professional and teacher is coming tomorrow to give me a lesson.
    North Wales - best place in the world by the way. I intend to live there soon.

6. revjames

revjames Piano User

Nov 14, 2010
    Anglesey, North Wales
    Fantastic. I guess if you are having a professional teach you then as long as you stick with it you will soon progress. What part of North Wales are you moving to?

7. Jane

Jane New Friend

Nov 8, 2013
    UK
    My husband works in St Asaph so a twenty mile radius or thereabouts, maybe Llanfairfechan or Conway. I spent every holiday of my childhood on Anglesey, Trearddur Bay, I've requested my ashes be scattered off the cliffs between there and Rhoscolyn :-) hopefully that's a long way off :D
    Do you play well? i guess you do if you're a returning player, it must be like riding a bike. I had my first lesson today which was fun. Just need to practice now but my lips are already sore, so are the neighbours :-)

8. revjames

revjames Piano User

Nov 14, 2010
    Anglesey, North Wales
    I live in Holyhead off Anglesey and was brought up in T bay so I know the territory well! Do I play well? I guess a matter of opinion!

9. Jane

Jane New Friend

Nov 8, 2013
    UK

10. chisa

chisa New Friend

Nov 4, 2014
    Manchester, England
    hi i am from marple, nearish to stockport