trumpet playing and weed

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jamesd1196, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Jamesd1196

Jamesd1196 New Friend

Sep 11, 2013
    nvm

2. Bwanabass

Bwanabass Mezzo Piano User

Jan 20, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    As a wind musician, I could see your habit becoming an eventual roadblock, as smoking anything is going to be bad for your lung capacity. As far as creativity goes, smoking might give you a different mindset that works for you. The question is, do the benefits outweigh the harm that you might be doing yourself. Not to mention the legal implications depending on where you live.

3. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    What you do in your private life is up to you, but I don't know if it's a good idea to share with the entire world that you're smoking an illegal substance almost everyday. Especially because you're still in high school. You know that schools and police departments can work together and find posts like this on Facebook and whatnot right? I've seen it happen before.

Like I said, it's a personal choice/it's up to you...but this may not be the best place to talk about it. I hope I'm not offending anybody or stepping on any toes here...

Kujo

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  5. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    so my question is what are your guys' opinion on playing music while high
    ----------------
    It's a bad idea
    ----------------
    if you have tried it?
    ----------------
    no
    ----------------
    would you ever try?
    ----------------
    Hell no, it leads to harder drugs
    ----------------
    is this bad for me as a musician?
    ----------------
    Yes. and if they catch you with that shit, kiss your chances of federal assistance for college goodbye.
    Hey!! you can work at McDonalds and after work you can spark one up, eat a bunch of old left over junk food and die by the time you're 30 but it's the quality of life, not the quantity, right? So spark one up scooby doobe. I answered your questions, now please answer mine:
    What makes you think this post hasn't been sent/intercepted by the feds? There are approx. 120 key words that get flagged by The Feds. You've used one of the "key" words and this conversation has already been sent waiting to be read. Next question. Can you say "I'm a dumbass and soon some people will be knocking at my parent's door?
    Next question: How do you think your parents will fare in a federal court of law when sentenced for contributing to the deliquency of a minor and interstate(using a computer) solicitation and conferencing about an illegal substance? .
    Next question: How much do you think it will cost in lawyer fees to keep you and your parents out of prison?
    Next question: Since you're a minor, the IP address (you might want to look up IP address) is probably in your parent's name or they co-signed for you.
    Here's my last question, wait for it, WAIT FOR IT!!
    How scared will you be, not knowing when or where they (Federal Officers) will nail your ass? Will it be during the night while you're in bed? Will it be at school? Will they show up at you parent's place of work and question them?
    How scared will you be?[B
    [/B]

6. brad361

brad361 Pianissimo User

Feb 12, 2008
    MANY years ago, I thought having a few drinks helped my playing. Then I heard a recording of myself playing buzzed. That was the last time I drank while playing.

Brad361

7. Jamesd1196

Jamesd1196 New Friend

Sep 11, 2013
    youre right.... i just joined, how do i delete this thread cause i dont want colleges seeing it or anything

8. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    Too late buckaroo. This is the Internet age. Things are "automatically" sent to the authorities. How do you think we keep terrorists at bay? You'd better distance yourself from that shit because your only chance is that you don't pee dope, the dogs don't smell dope and the cops don't find dope.
    All I can say is be ready because............................ "Soon"

9. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Too late??? Plus I believe that the site administrator is the only person that can delete threads... Maybe laying off mind altering substances would be a good way of avoiding situations like the one you just put yourself in...?

Good luck,
    Kujo

10. afp

afp Pianissimo User

Oct 9, 2013
    Roseburg, OR
    Smoking pot is stupid, as is excessive alcohol use, abuse of drugs--prescription or non-prescription, etc. Not only do they close doors to many occupations, they all hinder your performance and make you a less capable person. I don't know why anyone in this day and age would choose to do any of that stuff. Alcohol in strict moderation seems alright, but it would be even better to not do that. Most crimes and accidents have alcohol involved.