trumpet playing and weed

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jamesd1196, Oct 19, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    And the sad thing, is they are ALL preventable if they enter early into the health care system. What makes me sad, is many of these individuals do not have the ability to even enter the system. That is the true unfairness here.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    When it comes to behavioral issues (personality disorders, anxiety, depression, substance abuse), I have a theory on the best preventative medicine that we can give... that is inexpensive, can be administered to all, no matter what social or economical status they belong:

For every time we scold a baby... that baby needs to be held, cuddled and loved 3 times more.

That simple basic philosophy will cure many of the woes we see in our world.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Maybe after all of this... he will be cultivated.

4. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD, just have a vested interest in the topic.

I disagree. Some mental illnesses are innate, not caused by trauma or a dysfunctional childhood or environment, IMO as
    a non-MD with well educated friends.

IOW, a child can have a normal childhood, free from tragedy or negative parenting and become an adult with a mental
    illness because the physical construction of their brain presents chemical imbalances that make them unable to cope
    with stressors that normal people can and do face and overcome regularly.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What you are stating is actually not in disagreement to the comments I made and in fact support the overall perspective being made here. The medical literature quotes the figure of 40% - 60% of behavioral issues seen in primary care are not due to chemical imbalances. So I believe we agree to agree with each other.

PS: Mental sanity is guaranteed by those owning Harrelson trumpets.

6. robrtx

robrtx Mezzo Forte User

May 26, 2012
    Hawaii
    So Doc, are you saying that your Rx for N+1 is "one Harrelson trumpet administered topically to mouth"? lol :lol:

7. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    A new trumpet is cheaper than therapy...

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I believe not all MD psychiatrists will agree with you. All I perceive (being that I am not an MD as you well know) is a megalomaniac syndrome illustrative of having the financial means to having what you want and flaunting it to others. Really, if you like the Harrelson trumpet so much, why not sell your Martin Committee, or better yet IMO, just give it to me. Well, I'm really not that greedy, I'll accept with gratitude, your gift to me of your restored Olds Ambassador, and if you do, I'll give away both my Olds Ambassadors such as they are.

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    don't know if it's the dumbest --- there is a thread on "RANDOM" things which is over 200 pages now ---- and look at this WEED THREAD, it ain't pushing up Daisies just yet --- and were up to 12 pages!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. Bay Area Brass

Bay Area Brass Piano User

Mar 2, 2007
    San Francisco
    IMO this is perhaps the silliest thread ever on this site....