trumpet playing and weed

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jamesd1196, Oct 19, 2013.

1. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    That's saying a lot.....

2. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    I find it less silly than many threads on mouthpieces, and a great many others on range. And I note that, despite the fact that some of us are quite opinionated on the subject, everyone has managed to exercise restraint. Not the same can be said of many range and MP threads.
    As for Gary's comments, they are true to a large extent. There is such a thing as plain substance abuse, as proven by the people who have good lives once they stay off of their poison, without using a substitute. However, they probably have a somewhat favorable terrain for addiction, but the full biochemical meaning of that still escapes us. Addiction takes many forms, it gets more complicated when it involves substances.

Many mental illnesses start in childhood, when they get reinforced by poor parenting, or by the coping methods that even well intentioned parents develop in response to the difficulties these children present. Some of these kids are just really difficult to love, because of the ways they act. As time goes by, the illness takes root deeper and deeper and eventually leads to major crises in adolescence or early adulthood. Often these crises take one straight to prison, or lead to suicide. Early treatment with a combination of appropriate meds and therapy has been shown to be the most effective but, as Gary pointed, the chance to end up in jail is higher than that of getting early treatment.

Incidentally, I do think that we have squeezed out of this thread everything it had to give.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ahhh Ed.

I like beer with my stake and potato, and white wine with fish.
    I like the Martin Committee for the quintet, and the Harrelson for the Big Band list.

So for now, I think I'll hang on to both.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    NOT QUITE YET --- I found some Colorado goats, in the Rocky Mountain HIGH land where WEED is legal. Although these goats are WEED EATING GOATS ---- ROFL ROFL ROFL -------------------------------- for all those people who don't like WEED, I say get a goat!!!!

notice the "spokeswoman" -- she has sunglasses on, probably an indication that she has been on too much WEED and her pupils are dilated!!! ........mmmmmmm!!!! is everyone that wears "SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT" high on something?????

sorry I got distracted for a moment!!!

Weed-eating goats - YouTube

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
  6. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    All I perceive (being that I am not an MD as you well know) is a megalomaniac syndrome illustrative of having the financial means to having what you want and flaunting it to others.
    -------------------
    Nope, that's incorrect. It's not megalomaniac. I think you mean Megagodzilla. Gomonady knows how to breathe fire out of that horn!
    Dr.Mark

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    All I can say is it is tough to look at floodlights / headlights at night. You wouldn't get the photo illuminating quality if such were not all staged with such.

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    No disrespect, but I do know how well Gary plays. I have the EBQ CD. Harrelson??? I'm sure he could play as well with his Olds Ambassador, perhaps differently, but as well. Then too, why did he need a Harrelson when he already also has a Martin Committee?

10. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Mankind has been interested in altered states of consciousness since time out of mind. Often, arts have been used to increase these altered states, but that does not necessarily mean that the artists are in these states themselves when performing.