trumpet playing and weed

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jamesd1196, Oct 19, 2013.

1. jtpowell

jtpowell Pianissimo User

Mar 15, 2011
    Cincinnati
    He is talking about Heroin but what he said really applies to any mind altering agent especially narcotics. What he says from about 5:00 is to the point and should explain things. What he described there is exactly the movie "Limitless".

Who here thinks any of those cats just day one jumped into heroine? What would you say is the % of those we at least have anecdotal stories and evidence like this video they were smoking weed first? Just saying.

One of the most important things Bartz conveys to me is whatever you are trying to do with drugs you can definitely do without. It may take you longer and may require more work but the side affects of time and work aren't exactly all that bad.

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Very few druggies start on heroin. MJ is usually the "entrance" drug. I wonder how many heroin junkies NEVER smoked pot? Pot? Nah man never touch the stuff. It's dangerous!

3. arlington

arlington Pianissimo User

Aug 14, 2012
    Lancaster, OH
    Smoking is not good for your health. Agreed. That being said there are far more interesting ways of ingesting thc. Popcorn, pastries, lollipops, drinks, chocolate, etc. Smoking anything is a dying practice ( no pun intended)

4. arlington

arlington Pianissimo User

Aug 14, 2012
    Lancaster, OH
    Just be sure to brush and floss after you consume.

5. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    If you want to create a black market and all the criminals that go with it just make something common illegal.
    That's what happened with Cannabis was made illegal in the US for political reasons only. Do some research.

Is it "good" for you? Hell no. Almost everything Americans put in their body isn't "good for them".
    Smoking anything is going to significantly shorten your life, as will excessive drinking or eating just about anything.

There are a lot of people in real pain in this world and a lot of it has nothing to do with their "choices" in life.
    Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

Restricting people's ability to lesson their pain to outrageously expensive prescriptions that can only be obtained
    legally via the scripts of MD's is not in society's best interest.

Obtaining mind altering drugs is OK if you have money / insurance and a doctor who spends 5 minutes talking to you
    about your feelings. But buying Cannabis and using it to relieve pain is evil. Really? I don't see it. I used to be
    completely anti-drug, but as I've aged I realize that debilitating pain comes in many forms, and when you don't
    have it you cannot possibly fairly judge another person that does.

Walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you so quickly right them off as a "loser", "pot-head", "lazy" or no good.

BTW, I don't use illegal drugs, and never have, ever, so don't pigeon hole me as one of the "bad guys".
    I just realize that self-righteousness is a crutch for those who are too afraid of life to let others pick their
    path in this world.

6. robrtx

robrtx Mezzo Forte User

May 26, 2012
    Hawaii
    Well I think that everyone is ignoring the real problem here. Soda pop is the true "entrance drug". How many hard core street junkies didn't initially start out drinking soda pop as a child.

I think that NYCs Mayor Bloomberg was spot on in regulating this highly dangerous gateway drug that leads to drug addiction, alcoholism, violent crime, sex addiction and acne...............:whistle:

7. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Yeah, I'm a struggling addict. For me sex has been the number one performance enhancing drug. I'm in program now and taking it one night at a time.
    My addiction got really bad during the free and easy '80's. Man, there were girls everywhere! Particularly this Chinese chick who fed into my habit nightly. Only problem was I'd wanna do it an hour later.

8. afp

afp Pianissimo User

Oct 9, 2013
    Roseburg, OR
    Usually, when one accuses others of being "self righteous" they really need to look in the mirror. Further, I am not seeing any self righteous posts here. What I am seeing is swift and rigorous condemnation of substances that are extremely bad for people. That is how we want to deal with this, with social pressure. We need to make it socially unacceptable to use drugs recreationally.

If people are in physical pain, they can go to the ER and get treatment for free. If THC is really the best treatment and it is prescribed, then it ought to be taken as a pill, a suppository, a nasal spray, or even a brownie. Smoking is a bad way to use it for pain relief.

If a person is using it to relieve mental pain they they need counseling at a minimum, and again, these services are available for free.

I won't argue that an adult may be able to use pot responsibly, similar to how people can drink responsibly. However, I don't know how long the effects of THC remain in one's system so I don't have any "bottle to throttle" guidelines for Pot. I do know no one should be be under the effects or after affects when flying, driving, working, etc.

BTW, "lazy" and "loser" are what pot uses frequently become. It's not how they start.

9. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I agree completely. What I don't see is the need to spend the resources to arrest, prosecute, and jail people for pot use while alcohol consumption is socially acceptible. Both can ruin your health and your life, and potentially affect others if used to excess. I certainly don't advocate their use, but why is one illegal while the other is available at your local Wal-mart?

10. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    My ex-wife would concur.