trumpet playing and weed

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jamesd1196, Oct 19, 2013.

1. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    But daily use, even though not recreational, could be very helpful to those with certain illnesses.

I advocate science and compassion for issues like this, not fear or absolutism.

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That is a very valid point but, based on the OP isn't part of the discussion. It's like the kid that posted about a good Jazz trumpet. There are posters in there talking about lead horns and mpcs, backbores ad nauseum and it's not what the kid asked about. Teens that smoke pot risk screwing up their brains. The operative word is TEEN, not someone that has a medical condition in their 30's/40's/50's etc..

3. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Absolutely. Wait until your brain is done developing before you decide to start messing with it.

Only adults should be able to buy drugs, children don't typically exercise great judgement.

4. afp

afp Pianissimo User

Oct 9, 2013
    Roseburg, OR
    I am not going to defend alcohol abuse. However, I know MANY highly successful and productive people who use alcohol in moderation. Everyone I know who uses pot recreationally is an unproductive loser. Both alcohol and weed impair judgement and motor skills. Recreational pot use seems to destroy motivation as much heavy alcohol abuse.

5. afp

afp Pianissimo User

Oct 9, 2013
    Roseburg, OR
    We are no going in circles and repeating ourselves, which is a sure sign the thread is done.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    s
    I just have to add (7 or so years ago) when my Paternal Grandmother was suffering with some serious rheumatoid arthritis at the age of 85, she complained that NOTHING would take away her pain. ------------ole KT here merely suggested that she could use some medical marijuiana ((in which KT offered to obtain, rather illegally for her)) ----- YES, I didn't like to watch my Grandmother suffer -----------------------------SHE SCOLDED ME about the illegality, and then insisted that she DID NOT WANT TO GET ADDICTED TO DRUGS!!!!! ---------------------- yes, she was 85, my counter-argument that her "addiction" wouldn't last long at her age, DID NOT persuade her to use Marijuana. -------------- she passed away a few years later at 88 ---- NEVER having been addicted to POT!!!! ----

FYI -- KT did marijiuana in college -- circa 1988 -- TWICE, unlike popular American presidents -- KT inhaled both times --- and the end result was KT became paranoid, got hungry, could not sleep for days, but FELT NO PAIN -- KT, disbanded his use of marijuana, and alchohol consumption shortly after this period in his life ----- KT has been marijuaina free for nearly 30 years now ---- ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. Lionelsax

Lionelsax Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2013
    Well, I've tried weed, space cake, it's a mixture between being ill, catching a flight and feel the time passing very slowly.
    It's not a good experience because you cannot feel what you are doing.
    I prefer a little bit of alcohol to be confident, not to be drunk but confident, then only water or a beer, beer is not alcohol ! :D

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
  9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I don't have the statistics, but the charge in vehicular accidents is now "Driving Under The Influence (DUI) as now includes alcohol and drugs, the latter both illegal and legal, although I believe statistics will still attribute most motor vehicle accidents determined to be under DUI to abuse of alcohol. Too, domestic violence is mostly caused by abuse of alcohol. Still, not all excessive drinkers of alcohol become angry and violent ... some just become sleepy and these latter have usually approached toxic consumption. That said, my wife now manages a NC ABC alcohol sales store while the line-up of defendants charged with DUI at the Courthouse isn't getting any shorter ... noting that such pulls citing police off the street in their protective capacity. Monday thru Thursday there are a minimum of 30 police vehicles from various town jurisdictions parked around the Courthouse while the officers make their appearance. I live just 3 blocks from this County Courthouse and pass it 6 days a week at least once each morning while getting our mail at the Post Office across the street from it. I don't expect this to be much different nationwide.

10. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    Thumbs up for the dumbest post ever on TM!