Trumpet playing protocol and suggestions?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by kctrumpeteer, Apr 23, 2013.

1. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    I agree. ANY group of three or more people would create hassles and politics. I have lived long enough to learn that.

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Oh, Ed, You're so silly.

3. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    I've played with a couple of mercifully short-lived "corporate bands"...or rather leaderless, communal aggregations which soon proved rudderless and beset with problems. Chiefly due to the fact that nearly everyone had an opinion.

Total anarchy. A successful aggregation must have some leader. To absolve the players from decision making, to take the blame and deal with management, and serve as a convenient outlet for the player's frustrations, anxieties and general bad temper.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Silly... Ed is a regular stand up comedian!!! He's even a roar when sitting down!!! My sides hurt each time I read his posts!!! And after that last post by Ed, my sinuses are draining!!!

5. VentureScore

VentureScore Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2013
    Anchorage, AK
    I like the idea of making a copy of all the music for him. When you put it on his stand, include a practice mute, with a bow on it of course, so he knows you're being "nice."
    On the other extreme, next time he's late, remove the "extra" chair from the section. :evil:

6. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    On the other extreme, next time he's late, remove the "extra" chair from the section.

THAT HAS TO BE THE ANSWER!ROFL

7. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    That could backfire, he shares the music and stand.........................he might want to do the same with the chair.

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    That's why we don't do politics or religion here at TM. Hassles are why we exist.

9. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    Yes, Ed, it was not only meant to be funny, it is funny. Every community band I have been part of has politics and drama. Sometimes a lot, sometimes little--just something you deal with.

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    C'mon Doc, you know better. What you read is not a medical diagnoses of a sinus ailment. Now if you expectorated ... maybe, but I won't pay for cleaning your clothes.