Trumpet playing protocol and suggestions?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by kctrumpeteer, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Weird. In all these years I don't think I've seen the word "trumpet" and "protocol" used together without "breaking" being included.......

2. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Okay, my turn....

As in "breaking wind?"

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    ANNOUNCING THE NEW ENSEMBLE: The Breaking Wind Ensemble
    Come overwhelm your senses with the stylings only which can be experienced with the Breaking Wind Ensemble!
    We appeal to all the senses. Sight, sound, touch(?) smell.
    You won't be disappointed. Here is a sampling of some of the "one of a kind" musical selections:
    Flatulence, Opus #12
    "Sounds from a whoopie cushion"
    Odorous Collections
    Air
    The Sounds of Silence, Oh to return to them

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I think your new group stinks...

5. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    BREAKING NEWS
    New band called "The Stinktastics" has formed, consisting of tardy, no-sheet music bringing, ****tards who sound like crap!*

* Amazingly, since all the members sound like crap, the end result is decent music. It's just like Texas Hold Em...really crappy hole cards + crappy flop = great hand!

6. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    As a couple of updates.. the band just turned 20 years old in December and the original band director retired music teacher is also a trumpet player. He started the band many years ago and unfortunately the corporate world has made the time available for playing and doing activities in a corporate band limited, so anything that we can do is great as very few companies have an opportunity like this or one with the amount of history / tradition that we do here.

With that said, I printed off an extra copy of the music today and placed it in a separate stand and even sorted the music out in order of performance for our performance today. He literally showed up with about a minute or two to spare and was a bit confused, and oh you made a copy of the music????... thanks. Even on his own stand he tended to goof around with where the music was and he had his cell phone out part of the time during the performance too... good grief.. but it was a much more relaxing atmosphere of creating my 'own space' and then I didn't have to worry about the stand and music constantly moving or sitting closer to see the music... and he was thankful so it was all win - win.

I listened to the Whisper key youtube video... I assume that is a really bad joke... that guy sounds horrible. And it says Trumpet tits in the background... that should be the first clue!

7. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Glad the rehearsal went better for you this time. Trumpet Tips isn't a bad joke...it's a very good one!

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You know this is Serendipitydoda, but I just say yesterday, a sailboat being transported on I-75 called "Breaking Wind". I was amused.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Is that the time when you leave us to join the Sax forum? You know, the did ban for life Turtlejimmy. He is still well loved on this site.

10. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    FYI - and very probably TMI - Mel Brooks spoofed this character Le P├ętomane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in Blazing Saddles.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
    edfitzvb likes this.