Trumpet playing protocol and suggestions?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by kctrumpeteer, Apr 23, 2013.

1. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    You could try it out in a closed stove!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Perhaps while playing the Firebird?

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Referring to my attention span, Doc, attention span. I don't go on the sax forum, no use for that. I'm apposed to sax and violins................they should be rated R.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    KC - I think this is the best approach --- TO BE NICE, however, I just want to caution you on the side that "FRED" may grow accustomed to you coddling him, and as a trumpet player, he may even like that. ------ of course, you might have to be nice to FRED, several times, and who knows --- a small, friendly discussion on his actions may be the answer, KC, I am talking a discussion, a dialogue --- you may find out this guy has some other reasons in life, or maybe, nobody has ever instructed him on edicate.

ps. -- now the semi-pro who makes you feel lowly -- (either this is a self inflicted thought, or he has a personality issue) --- anytime, last year one of "those" guys said to me when I started my community band last year ---- ""hey KT, those are 16th notes, they are sub-divided eighth notes, can't you count?"" --- to which KT here, promptly said "Thank you, I am so glad someone offered to explain this to me, could you give me further details on what this eighth note represents!!!", and then I followed by playing an F scale in 3 octaves and said - by the way ''Do you know the names of all those notes? that would help me immensely in identifying where they go in this piece of music" ----- gee, I have never had a problem with that guy since, he is actually quite decent now ----- now KT here suspects that since this guy plays 1st trumpet, was just having a bad day, and came off sounding like he was important ---- yes, give everyone the benefit of the doubt!!! ---- or give them a low F, and a high F just for fun!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Etiquette. OOps:oops:. You're not Doc.
    You can play 3 octaves of an F scale? Is that with a fake low F below the staff?

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    dude -- if you really could play down there -- you would know there is NO FAKE F --- that is a serious F, all you have to do is play the low F# and put the first and third slides all the way out ---- THEN YOU GOT AN F ---- a real F, not some fake F !!! --- and by the way --- I might have more notes than that on the high side -----------------------------------------------------but we ain't bragging here on TM --- that is not good edicate(etiquette) ROFL ROFL ROFL ----- yeah, I may have a few more notes on the high side!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

(((ooopss, you are correct, I am not the Doc --- but I was recently on an Aussie website))) --- ROFL ROFL ROFL

http://www.edicate.net/tag/edicate-rules

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    That's it Big Dub, it's time you got some recognition for your wonderful work her on TM
    I proudly present one badge for you to wear on the front of your cap, or shirt, while
    playing here with us on TM .....

[​IMG]

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I'm not sure why you might think that it is an Aussie website KT - all
    I could see was that they represented the date with the month first
    followed by the day - we in Oz NEVER do that unless we want to be
    understood by you blokes. We, here in Oz - and our cousins north of
    you in Canadia place the day first followed by the month - although
    I guess this would mean that 911 wouldn't have to same impact
    phonetically - Hmmm, thinks: Have I gone too far?

9. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I think that is a badge Big Dub could proudly where. :cool:

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I can't play any F note on trumpet that isn't in a staff ... treble or bass clef. Yeah, the low F# trumpeters pursue IS IN THE BASS CLEF AND STAFF. I can play an F# that is in the first space below the bass staff ... on a euphonium