trumpet question !!?? suggestion

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mariachiplayer123, Mar 24, 2012.

1. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    On the one hand, I'm a Mariachi fan, so anyone who would put Mariachi in their moniker is allright with me.

On the other hand, I do not appraciate this kind of vulgarity in our forumn. Yes, it's a public forumn, but it's OUR public forumn and here is a place where we can create an atmosphere that is good for trumpet players ........ of all ages. Profanity like that should be kept private and in PMs only .... where, from my experience as the recipient of such ugliness, you will get banned.

Turtle

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    tobylou8 likes this.
  2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I'd like to hear from the younger members here too. Cody and DaTrump could have some very valuable input here. I am not asking for approval to ban.

As you all notice, I have not edited the post in question. This time I thought that I would get the community involved so that mariachi can easily see that "Lower" class or No-er class have no place here.

You should all notice that he has NEVER responded with the results of the standard tried and true lesson material that we gave him.

3. MSfortissimo

MSfortissimo Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Being a younger player (close to Cody), I was very surprised to see that sort of language used. I've been very pleased with the professionalism of this forum, and to have mariachi soiling the name if younger players is disappointing to say the least.

4. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Redundant post + profanity = Banned. This is a civil community. It is even in the interest of the OP to be banned, to learn a lesson in life about appropriate behavior. Coach Saban would kick a starting player off the team for using this language to him. Rowuk you're Coach Saban today!

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    My vote: :thumbdown:

6. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Hmmmm, I dont know. This kid doesnt know anything about TM, let alone lip problems. I think that every single member here as something to contribute to TM, Gary, Ted, or evenmariachiplayer123. This is something I would have to think about.

IMO, I think we should all give negative rep points, if he cares he will try to show us that he likes TM and doesnt like red reps. If anyone of us sees a really good post from this point on, give him good reps to show that we are accepting his posts now. But I say one more post like this and he is gone forever. That is what I think, do you agree?

7. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Come on guys, I just read the last page here, page 3. I am kind of surprised that you all say banned. Except Robin. I 100% understand that this is not called for, for you that saw my post before I edited it, that was what I thought. I just really dont feel a ban is in order here.

8. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I assume the poster is a young student. First, he needs to realize that this forum is for anyone interested in trumpet, from beginner to top pro. This is also a very civil forum. I don't put up with vulgarity in my work, or from students, so he needs to understand that his foul language has no place here. My own kid reads the forum occasionally and I expect it to be a G rating.

As far as redundancy -no one is being forced to respond to him. If we don't think he is taking advicre and just repeating already answered questions, then just ignore him.

Hopefully he sees the many posts displeased with his bad language and cleans up his act. Otherwise ban.

9. richtom

richtom Forte User

Dec 7, 2003
    After reading this thread in its entirety, I've decided it is time to move on. It is extremely unlikely there will be any further postings from me.
    Rich T.

10. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    I think suspension is the answer, not an outright banning or a slap on the wrist. Mariachi has shown an interest in improvement but no desire. Banning him would be eliminating a medium in which for him to improve, and quite frankly isn't that one of the main points of TM? To allow those without proper access to teaching, to have a way to improve. Suspension of posts is enough to give them the "time out" they deserve. As I said before, the post was uncalled for and immature. And as Cody said every player has something to contribute, as little as it may be. Maybe Mariachi does have something to enrich us with but does not understand the level of maturity and professionalism that we try to maintain here. So, in short, suspension and a calm, friendly PM should be enough of a punishment.

And Richtom, if it is your time to move on, so be it. Your contributions and expertise will be missed.