trumpet question !!?? suggestion

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mariachiplayer123, Mar 24, 2012.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Then I say: bombard Mariachi with your personal opinions per PM. Have him apologize to the forum (I don't need any apology) and finally get into the groove. Let's see what the community can achieve.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    There is a religious group that taught me the perfect solution to this problem ... it's called shunning viz ostracize and don't reply. If he wants to learn, he can read the topics we present as I'm sure others have already addressed.

The morality of language may offend some, but "on the street" and within our public school systems I've heard far worse vulgarity and obcenities. Too, I've seen it written in the graffiti on walls.

Can't remember which stated it first, whether my Mother or one of my Grandmothers, but one of them told me the consequences if I ever spoke like some others do. The consequence was that I'd get my mouth washed out with soap. It might have been my maternal Grandmother who made her own lye soap as she used to wash our work (play) clothes. I didn't even like the smell of it.

Does it become any better in the corporate conference or government to tell another his/her report is anal? Believe me, it occurs regularly, but I've yet to hear that word used within such context in a Courtroom.

3. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    I just sent him a pm and then I blocked him. I don't have to put up with it! Roll Tide!

4. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hi Ed,
    there are a lot of people in corporate America that get payed to ANALyse all sorts of stuff. Heck, even what you do when running for President is determined by ANALysts.

You are right about the courtroom though!

In this case, it would have been easy to just throw him out but getting the community on his behind could change his attitude.

I didn't answer his question though. The answer would have been something like: If I did that to myself, then there would be two of us here.............

Essentially Mariachi is wasting his and everyone elses time until he learns that development is a process not a downloadable cheat.

5. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    I like that decision Robin. Good choice!

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Robin, the times I heard such in corporate and government setting the context wasn't inferring being overly analytic which myriad reports are, but I'll just leave it at BS and worse. Personally, I've been the blunt recipient in both venues. My supervisor insisted on analytical detail, but the higher my report went, the more brevity or summarizing was wanted. Now I just turn on the ignition, put it in gear, lay on the gas, and I'm gone.

7. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Ed,

you have given me a BRILLIANT idea - let's contact Readers Digest. They could offer abridged reports for senior management in corporate America.

1) They were always able to shorten a book without destroying the central story
    2) The book industry is having problems anyway
    3) for the lead, I expect them to abridge my Circle of Breath (from one paragraph to one sentence) so that even mariachi can get through it!

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Some words shouldn't be used in a public forum and the "f" bomb is one of those. There are many people besides registered users that frequent this forum and there has to be some kind of decorum.

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Pretty sure he just means this thread. At least i hope so.

10. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    I 100% agree. That is uncalled for here.

But in his defense, he did spell it wrong! ROFL

I have seen some posts here with some language, on the thread about losing all that weight and the guy was waiting for some Smart azz comments. I know that was not directed at anyone, but still.