trumpet question !!?? suggestion

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mariachiplayer123, Mar 24, 2012.

1. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    I hope he does too.

2. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    At second reading of that, I think you are right, or hope so. I was fuming at the moment and wasn't thinking all that clearly I guess, or I needed more coffee

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
  4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    It's not as if we don't all have the facility to re-read and edit our posts either before we post or IMMEDIATELY afterwards. I just don't see how lack of vocabulary has to deteriorate into quite unnecessary language. I try very, very, hard not to use such expressions - oh, I know the words, and what they mean, AND how to effectively pronounce them, but in context - but you may have noticed that I do not back away from expressing my opinion strongly, but without profanity.

Our language has so many beautiful and fascinating words that are direct and inoffensive - and very easy to access electronically. Perhaps banning is extreme (see, note my capacity to edit opinion in this case) but Robin's idea to mass PM the OP won't remove the potential for more ugly naughty words - banning will achieve that. However, the OP MAY have great stuff to offer that we, collectively, have missed because the language employed has caused some of us to stop reading his opinions - perhaps we'll never know?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    coolerdave likes this.
  5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    The late Tom Landry (Dallas Cowboys) would not allow profanity within earshot. If he heard it, there were consequences. His reasoning was, you just got a college degree and all that education, you should be able to think of a better word to express yourself! :-)

6. Joe44

Joe44 Pianissimo User

Apr 21, 2011
    Upstate Ny
    Cussing is not ok. Its a trumpet formum for Pete's sake not some political debate forum. That kind of immaturity should not be permitted...

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I see life as a process. When something happens or something is said, most of the time the response is a symptom of something previously learned. Using vulgarity with me means that the poster does not know who he is talking to. In this case, his suggestion what I should do with myself has no chance of realization AND his social standing becomes obvious.

If I ban him, is a lesson learned? I think not. Then I am labeled an idiot by him and he does the same stuff elsewhere - perhaps even here if the ban is not permanent. If the communty gets on his case, then we have a different situation. Perhaps he will learn something.

In great exception to my personal beliefs, I have edited mariachis post and replaced the vulgar term with something better. I HATE CENSORSHIP - therefore I have been careful about the edit.

The main issue from the beginning is that this kid has taken no logical steps or any advice to solve his problem. He has asked the same question repeatedly and offered no results for the great advice previously given. Trumpetmaster is not about monologue

coolerdave likes this.
  8. AKtrumpet

AKtrumpet Piano User

Jun 4, 2010
    Alaska
    This thread is disgusting. Why should we try to educate mariachi with a lesson? What moral inclination do we have towards someone who posts as such?

Slanderous language, horrid grammar, repeat posting of questions that likely will lead to NOWHERE given his transparent attitude

Now regular posters with relevant information say they're going to cease posting? Seriously - ban this kid.

Sure life is a learning process but what chance is there that an INTERNET forum will reform any of this kids habits within a LIFE context?

This is from the perspective of an 18 yr. old.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Nah Lads - Robin may well be right - but his suposition relies on the OP reading all our "considered" comments. We haven't heard from him for a while so perhaps he just deposits and bolts.

10. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Wait 4 weeks and he will post with the same problem again.............................

For me it was very interesting to hear what each of you has had to say. The majority seem to be for a ban, the younger members are not as "definitive". Believe me, all of these posts will influence my future behaviour here - perhaps for some in surprising ways.........