trumpet question !!?? suggestion

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mariachiplayer123, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Pat S

Pat S Piano User

Jan 28, 2012
    San Antonio
    Profanity X 2 = ban? I vote yes. Suspect appears to be incorrigible.

2. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Is Mariachiplayer123 and Cody the same person? If not why does the Moderators subject it's members to such low class, character persons. I am now concerned that immediate action has not been taken. Frankly, when is enough abuse enough to be banned. I would consider this abuse serious enough for a permanent ban. The Axe Man Cometh!

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    patkins, I know for a fact that Cody and Mariachiplayer123 are not the same person. The fact is Cody did get banned for reasoning that is beyond my understanding [it must have been for PMs or other communications behind the scene], and for which I feel I must respect the reasoning of the moderators, that they did this for good reason. But in the sense of fairness, the posts I read from Marichiplayer123 of recent are at a level of hostility that clearly violate the rules I read on TM, and yet I do not see a ban by this persons name.:dontknow:

4. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Thanks, Gmonaday I had a feeling it was some hostile person who is reaking havoc. I agree that it is puzzling to keep an agitator on the loose. Well, I'm sure Cody will be apologetic for whatever he did; but this guy is as said above "incorrigible." It is good to have friends like you, which makes the unpleasant experiences bareable. Thanks, Patkins

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Cody and Mariachiplayer123 are not the same. We normally do not talk about the specific reasons that punitive action is taken. With Mariachi, it was obvious, he had his chance and decided to abuse it. I used this case to try and help him as well as to get some opinion building and involvement in the community. What I discovered was interesting. Like with a colleague at work with bad breath, it is easier to lock them out of social events rather than taking them aside and telling them that they literally stink. In this case I asked the community to jump in and PM him. Obviously he did not get the message that he should see the doctor.........

As far as Cody/notcody goes, his "vacation" is not permanent and occured in a different part of the forum. He was never vulgar and after an initial "shock" started to respond to treatment.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    There certainly are those here on TM who badly overstep the accepted societal norms in PMs - I have had a couple of members tell me so, I'm convinced it happens more than we admit - some of us just roll with it if we can. I think it unwise to second guess the Moderators - they are seeing both sides of the story (and we are not). Every activity has it's 'governors' when you think about it. I believe Cody is contrite, Mariachiplayer123 appears not to be. We've all had our opportunity to comment - now I would think it noble of us to let moderation take it's course - that is part of the reason that it is there - and we accepted the rules when we joined, did we not?

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Good post but WAAAAAAY beyond the cognitive skills of this now banned poster, IMO.

8. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    Probably. Well, I tried...

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    For BANNED rehearsal tonight the first chart we will practice is "What are you doing the rest of your life". After the break "El Mariachi Loco" is up.

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL That's why we like you! Thought I'd let you know (and I'm 1 post closer closer to being UTIMATE!)! :thumbsup: