trumpet question !!?? suggestion

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mariachiplayer123, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    :shhh: Time to ban you ! :evil:

2. odd67ar

odd67ar Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2010
    Oslo, Norway
    Hi!
    Lucinda lewis has the answer.
    Go to: Embouchures.com. I got emboucure trouble some years ago,and it sure helped me.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I actually feel bad about members that like lemmings go over the edge. It isn't as though we strike out like alligators and unexpectedly snap because things aren't going our way. What bothers me more is the implication that we attempt to "blackmail" members by threatening bans. Most of the time I think, "should I just leave and let the rest deal with it themselves?". I am not sure that virtual conflict is something that I will ever get used to.

It is often interesting to follow some of the banned over to TH. They usually end up with the same conflicts and the results are similar after a short period of time.

In any case, it was a great rehearsal last night. For banned rehearsal next week we are going to sight read some stuff, I may end up throwing it out afterwards though: In the first half "Local Boy Chops Wood" by Donovan and Jawbreaker by Judas Priest is up. After the break, depending how much resistance was noticed in the first half, Lemmings by van der Graaf Generator or I Can't Get No Satisfaction. Second and third trumpeters be warned I won't allow any mouthpiece switching for the whole evening.

4. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Because I don't master very well English language, I haven't understood everything in Rowuk's last post.
    Let me clarify that I just wanted to tell Tobylou : nothing can stop you from becoming "Utimate". And I thought it was funny to say it in that way, in THIS thread.
    Nothing else.
    I was probably wrong.
    Sorry.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Don't worry Dupac - some of us understood your intention - and as for your command of English, yours is better than many of we native speakers. (Although, I don't speak native myself).

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I thought it was funny! :D

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Do you consider yourself then as an Aborigine, the original of Austrialian native speakers? And with speaking in this tongue, is mouthpiece placement and tongue dynamics optimized?

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Hey Dupac, I thought it was funny. It was funny. And, just to show how informative in a very well rounded way that TM is .... I'm going to verify something important that Rowuk said. It's about the lemmings.

They do what they do (walk off cliffs) BECAUSE they "Can't Get No Satisfaction." That's really what the Rolling Stones were talking about ...... ".... Because he don't smoke the same cigarettes as me ....". He's talking about the lemmings. They always pick the wrong brand. Then it's .... No satisfaction, over the cliff and adios. It's a vicious circle, they'd be a whole lot better off if they did it off the CURB. Or quit smoking. They never learn. :dontknow:

Turtle

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hi Dupac,

I wasn't criticizing you. I just used your post to contrast my feelings about a ban. I would never "threaten it" to get desired behaviour. I am happy that you guys can talk about it in a less serious way.

Your english is fantastic. Don't belittle yourself!

10. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Thank you for your appreciation. But ... didn't you mean "your trumpet playing is fantastic ?"
    :cool: