trumpet question

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mariachiplayer123, Jan 27, 2012.

1. mariachiplayer123

mariachiplayer123 Banned

Jan 1, 2012
    well because we play in different places not just one throughout the day

2. mariachiplayer123

mariachiplayer123 Banned

Jan 1, 2012
    well no blood or anything come out and my lip kinda hurts to play high register but only when i play the trumpet... it doesnt hurt while not playing

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Ok, I'm talking about the lips. Not the checks or the corners. The lips should NEVER hurt. You are doing something WRONG. At some point you will pick the horn up and nothing will come out. You will not be able to get a buzz. GET SOME HELP FOR THIS RIGHT AWAY.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I agree with Bob. Pain says strain, potentially damaging strain if it continues. You need to find out what you are doing wrong and at this point, it is best if there is someone (ideal a trumpet instructor) in person observing your playing to give appropriate feedback.

5. mariachiplayer123

mariachiplayer123 Banned

Jan 1, 2012
    hey i hav a queston my friend is asking. he used to play really good but stop playing trumpet because he just didnt want to play anymore but now he got bak at it and the first 2 days he was able to play somewhat like he was able to and he was also able to reach high notes but today he told me tht his lips hurt a bit when he plays high notes is it because he has 1 year without playing or because he over do it ? thnx

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Let me ask you a similar question... Let's say you are weight lifting daily, and it has taken you 6 months to work up to bench pressing 400 lbs. But the time commitment to work out every day is just not as motivating as the time demand changes of recent job advances. So you quit for a year. After a year, the job has stabilized, everything is running smoothly, and you remember the feeling of how nice it was to have toned muscle. So you go back to the bench press, place on 400 lbs of weight and start lifting.

What do you think will happen with this lifting attempt? Why do you think lips, comprised of he same skeletal muscle would have any different response?

7. trumpetmasterz

trumpetmasterz New Friend

Jan 31, 2012
    makes alot of sense thnx

8. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    OK - what do you think. Do you really need to ask. this is one you can figure out!