Trumpet Related Injuries

Discussion in 'Trumpet Pedagogy' started by Alrocks, Feb 8, 2015.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What I am seeing here is erosive arthritis of the right hip likely secondary to avascular necrosis. That's my official reading as there is an ICD-9 code for that one and not an ICD-9 code for trumpet-up-your-butt and I want to get paid for my diagnoses for crapping out loud!

2. Alrocks

Alrocks New Friend

Jan 22, 2015
    Devon, UK
    There's usually a large tuba player involved somewhere! Great story. Made me chuckle :D

3. Alrocks

Alrocks New Friend

Jan 22, 2015
    Devon, UK
    Well spotted! Yes, poor fellow has quite a lot of discomfort going on, complicated by rectal trumpet bell impaction. He presented with a very peculiar gate!

4. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    [​IMG]

:dontknow:

5. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Mickle but I know where that is

6. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    My first year in marching band we were at state competition and a fellow trumpeter miss counted and stopped two counts early and my horn mashed into my lips and busted top and bottom and chipped a tooth. Behind me an almost brand new Bach crushed it's bell via the back of my head. I guess the first trumpets solo was so nice that the judges missed that debacle and we still went home with a superior rating. I still have that chipped tooth

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I am guessing the hip problems resulted from the poor fellas kicking and thrashing around while said trumpet was inserted. Reminds me of a similar situation I saw when taking care of Vulgano Brother in my ER after he tried to duet with a viola player. Sad case, very sad case. Oh that reminds me I had to remove the case first.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vulgano Brother has a constant limp to this very day, and he hobbles when he walks too.

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The major injury common to most trumpet players with the n+1 syndrome is terminal poverty...........

10. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    I guess the player wanted to do Scat as well as play