Trumpet repair in Cincinnati area?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dpeters11, Oct 20, 2014.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 New Friend

Oct 13, 2014
    I've been looking on this forum and have seen a lot of recommendations for top level artisans to restore a trumpet, but I don't think I need to go to that level.

I played in high school, but in the 20 years since, have not. My wife got herself a guitar, so I decided to get myself a trumpet again. I picked up a cheap Getzen 590S (trigger on the first valve slide) that needs (I hope) minor repair. Based on serial # it's from 1973-1974.

The structural support on the leadpipe just back from the mouthpiece needs reattached on one side and where it attaches to the second valve needs reattached.

Valves and all the slides, including the trigger work fine. It plays like I'm 20 years out of practice, so it's good there, at least I remembered the positions for a simple C scale :)

Does anyone know of recommendations in Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky?

2. cfkid

cfkid Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2013
    Don Miles is the guy you want. Look up Miles Trumpets. He's up near GE, which was not a short drive for me but well worth it.

Mark

3. dcpritchett

dcpritchett Pianissimo User

Jan 20, 2015
    Central FL
    I can also recommend Ralph Crone. He has done some great work for me. Trumpet4u.com