Trumpet repair

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by Miguel..., May 11, 2011.

1. Miguel...

Miguel... New Friend

Mar 24, 2011
    Can anyone recommend me to a trumpet repair shop or technician in the Los Angeles CA area

Thanks in advanced

2. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    A couple I've heard of are Anaheim Band Repair and of course the Kanstul factory if you have a Kanstul, Benge, or Olds.

Never had any work done out there as I am in Milwaukee.

Tom

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I concur.. live in the area.. Anaheim Band is very good

4. Miguel...

Miguel... New Friend

Mar 24, 2011
    Thanks guys...

Do you guys know the pricing for dent removal? It looks like someone added pressure on the trumpet and one of the braces pushed the bell in so the bell is literally touching the tuning slide

5. brassplayer

brassplayer Pianissimo User

May 6, 2009
    San Gabriel, CA
    Orlando's Wind Instruments in South El Monte. All work is done on premises.

Orlando also carries a selection of new and used horns. Bring your mouthpiece!

6. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Where exactly do you live? There are a lot of good repair shops and so no sense wasting gas driving all over the area. What you have described is not just a "dent" but literally a bent bellpipe. I would guess it severely creased the brass around the brace so it will not be a trivial repair. The last one I had that even came close to what you are describing cost me $80 as the bell had to be removed, straightened, and then re-attached to the horn. So, be prepared to pay a bit for this one.

7. Miguel...

Miguel... New Friend

Mar 24, 2011
    Thanks

I live in south central right next to the staple center have you heard or seen any near by?

8. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Here is one on West Pico...
    Brass | Adam's Music

I have not used them but it may be worth a visit.

Also, as brassplayer said, Orlando's is in South El Monte. I have had them do several repairs and they have done a good job. Orlando is a neat guy.

But, for the absolute top-of-the-line work based on my experience, as well as recommendations by Tom and Dave, Kanstul and Anaheim Band are where to go if a 30-mile drive is not too much of a headache (as if there is any driving in LA that is not a headache!).

9. Miguel...

Miguel... New Friend

Mar 24, 2011
    Ok thanks then I think im going to go with kanstul

10. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Anaheim Band is probably cheaper but they have a great rep