Trumpet Robot

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mason, Nov 16, 2008.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
  2. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

"CREATIVE side." -rowuk

That sounds like AGI, right down to its synthetic-bones, Robin. :)

Or mine- over the next twenty or so, years!

BRAVA!!!!

It's a Runaway Train!

:lol:

Oh YEA!!!!

-

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  3. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming

I think you've been watching waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much "I, Robot". I sit here waiting 2 minutes for this page to load while you say that eventually you won't be able to tell machines from people. ROFLWe've got a loooooooooooong ways to go for that to happen, so it's nothing that will happen in our lifetime, and I doubt it will ever happen.

4. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    well i dont agree with you trumpet man. Considering the change in technology in a decade, it changes dramatically. Eg. Take video games, there a perfect example. One of the 1st 3D video games that came out was Doom and 1992. In 2004 Roughly Doom 3 came out which was one of the highest demanding game in graphics wise. In 2004 no computer could play Doom 3 to its full potential. Get Me?

5. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

I appreciate where you're coming from t. But it's already here, my friend. When i say we won't be able to tell the difference- i'm speaking (initially), of intelligence and creativity. We'll progressively become more and more intelligent, by ex: of task Mastery AI is capable today. Think Rainman-like efficency times ten, then a hundred, and then a thousand and so on- w/regard of visual and mathmatical interpretation. Machines by point of emergence, will become more and more Human-like in their abstract efficency. This is taking hold dramatically, right now! :) -You should be reading, and getting educated of these simple facts, if you're genuinely interested.

Later.. over the timeframe of 2030/40/50 -we're talking about appearances drawing closer still: to a fading line of appreciable-differences. That would have one remembering long forgotten questions of, Who Made Who?

:lol:

Astonishing times, we're living!

All this is a progressive-happening that's been happening all day, every day, sinse the dawn of time. We're not talking about nonsensical revelatory hysterics. Just evolutionary business as usual, at an unprecedented pace, with unprecedented control from Humankind.

Cheers

-

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  6. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    well yer i guess if you see that way, yer for sure. Technology increase dramatically 10 years in Technology is like 100 years. Video Games is a good example of showing this. I know all about VG cause obviously i play them, a wide range so i know a fair a bit about them and see the differences. But yes i guess in like "I-Robot", we will have Robots working for us ROFL

7. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    I know the graphics in video games has become a lot better, but has it really changed at all in the past 2 years? I think it's come to a halt. The fact is that now it's just a matter of how long the designers wish to spend on the game, they really won't improve much from this point on. The same can be said for our technology in general.

All of our basic luxuries are already here, it's just a matter of how much inventors and engineers are willing to work on the details. Now that everything you'd ever need to use to invent something new is around, it won't be long until our technology comes to a halt, it's already started to do so. Look at cell phones for instance, they pretty much quit improving since a year ago, save for a few things that could've been thought of previously.

As for robots, they live on artificial intelligence and there is clearly a big difference. They can't think for themselves or plan, they can only do what they're programmed to do, and they certainly won't be able to invent anything. This is why robots and everything else have just about maxed out their margins of improvement. Technology isn't far from as far as it'll ever be, now we just need to think about the economy.

I think you guys are overlooking how hard robots are to program, and how too much goes into them for then to ever be known as "common". They may eventually be able to do everything physical a person can, and use all 5 senses, but they lack a brain, which is limiting them quite a bit. I guess we'll see who's right in 30-40 years.

8. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

"Technology increase dramatically 10 years in Technology is like 100 years. Video Games is a good example of showing this." -Mason

No doubt about it Mas. And exponentially so. -Things are moving progressively quicker, as we go along. What took ten years to accomplish "today"- will take progressively less time to achieve "tomorrow".

-

9. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007