Trumpet Robot

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mason, Nov 16, 2008.

1. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007
  2. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

"I think you guys are overlooking how hard robots are to program, and how too much goes into them for then to ever be known as "common". They may eventually be able to do everything physical a person can, and use all 5 senses, but they lack a brain, which is limiting them quite a bit. I guess we'll see who's right in 30-40 years."-tm

Artificial General Intelligence, is the distinction t. Certainly AI that's utilized in all manner today, is 'program' obliged and relegated. AGI, on the other hand, is a conscious entity by way of program, you understand. When mature/evolved, such program, if we like- is no different than you or i, in manner of capacity for abstract thought the Human Brain is superior any AI/Machine Intelligence currently.

As well, you're overlooking the reality of nanotechnology and programmable matter that will enable a cost effective manufacturing beyond belief. And obviously will bridge a million other things as well. In thirty or fortuy yrs., we'll have been augmenting our intelligence and Pimping our Human Ride for a loooooong time, already. :)

By that time, things will have gotten along dramatically by today's standards.

-

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  3. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Sad...

4. NickD

NickD Forte User

I believe this is done with recorded music and the fingerings are programmed. I've never bought this as a real trumpet playing thing. the only guy using artificial lips is Dr. Thomas Moore in Florida to test the physics of trumpets and even he would agree that making a machine that can manipulate the lips like that is a long way off. It isn't the computers. It's the mechanics of the thing.

5. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

Excerpt:

Standing 4 foot 9 inches, Toyota’s Trumpet Playing Robot has artificial lips which replicate the vibration of a human mouth, as well as artificial lungs. This intricate piece of engineering shows how robots can do very sophisticated functions like walking and playing a musical instrument with full dexterity. “I’ve seen this robot in action – the audience will be amazed,’†said Mr. Kunzel. “We’re honored to be chosen by Toyota to feature this unique and interesting special guest.â€

-

6. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    It really sounds artificial like all digital instrument instuments and I can see that it is not that hard to make an artificial embochure to do this. But after a while the lack of human nuance tires the ear. Regardless of what Sci-Fi says it will be a long, long, long time before they can make a brain even close to a human brain. Our brain is far too complexe and talent is intuitive. It is neat though.

7. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    i dont know i couldn't really tell between AI sound it can play better than me!

8. ADDER

ADDER Pianissimo User

May 25, 2008
    London UK
    Commander DATA was a great Violinist......

9. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

"Regardless of what Sci-Fi says it will be a long, long, long time before they can make a brain even close to a human brain. Our brain is far too complex, and talent is intuitive. It is neat though." -Bob Grier

We-ll... it's a lot closer than that Mr. Grier. 'Brain Mapping' as they dub it, is coming along fairly quick. The picture of the latticed activity of our brain, is becoming significantly clearer. As is the technology that's drawing up the maps.

The Fiction of Sci-Fi can't hold a candle to the Reality, of what's taking place. -Which is always how it is.

:)

-

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  10. irishcornetboy

irishcornetboy Pianissimo User

Oct 16, 2008
    My marching band director would love a couple of these. Those company fronts would finally be perfect!