Trumpet Robot

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mason, Nov 16, 2008.

1. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    I agree, I don't think people realize how unique the human brain is, robots are limited to what gets programmed into their brains.

2. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    I definitly agree. Although humans will never be like they are, that's the direction they are going.

3. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    bingo. a computer is only as smart... or as dumb as the person that programs it. too often do i hear people at work exclaim "stupid computer". i just chuckle and move on.

4. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    well i guess your right. But you got to remember We built Computers! We programmed them!

5. nosray

nosray Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2008
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
  6. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    well maybe the sound is recorded? Maybe they are making these musical playing robots just to show people their technology and showing people a bit of the future?

7. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

Looks like Youtube, is off the beat there. :)

______

"At the end of the day, what does the mechanical trumpet prove? To be honest, music making is there to feed the soul." -rowuk

I always like how you get right to the business of the day Robin. Given this is the reality of Music -our participation must then rightly be bound of biased-prejudice. Least as we see things right in front of us. So to consider Drone Robots, that are right around the corner. In sight of Conscious Robots; that will succeed Drones and accompany Drones, as well as us augmented Humans alike. In all manner of society, not just in the Music World. -Is to say, we're considering all this by contrast, of what we feel it means to be a "Human Being". Natural enough thing, obviously. But "at the end of the day", what we've proven is the common thread of Music remains unbroken. My point is we don't care where Quality-X comes from. Whether it's Music, Food, Art, or anything else- as long as it's good. The "soul" isn't bound to this or that, and nevermind that Robots in the Music Industry is just good business. No way around that. But again! -there's no need for us to feel threatened. Or circle the wagons in futile effort to debunk or discredit the real and genuine pace of our world's tech. prowess. We simply won't care! -whether Drones & Conscious Robots are participating in the Music World. And in that vein, we won't have the time, or need, to entertain what non-augmented Human-Musicians, have to say about what 'Sell-Outs' we became, either. Not that it matters; the Industry's expansive momentum will accommodate all, to their heart's desire.

It's real important to take into account, that it's not a static environment we're living in! If we evaluate the impact of Machines by what we see today, we're missing the boat. And missing it Big Time! One general-argument is that an indulgent society, is a society that has no cares or responsibility, and consequently, ingests its Humanity. This is another static-projection of the world today, placed in an extreme Sci-Fi depiction. Neither of which, holds any meaningful-relevance to the reality of Human Beings functioning w/progressively higher and higher IQ's over the coming years and decades. (To say the least about, what Humans will be able to do in their desired self-improvement strategies.) -A reality of environment composed not only of many Humans with differing degree of augmentataion, but as well; high functioning Machines, both Drone and Conscious. This is the simple truth of it, for a society living above an extreme poverty level in the near future. Which is to say, that the rest of the world will come to merge in this same advantage, with leaps and bounds that will astonish and amaze. For no more reason than its stark contrast to our society today. Which serves well, the natural and everyday progression we're talking about. Nothing dramatic, but just steady plodding and grunting.

But fantastic nevertheless; and the simple reason we won't care who's playing what tune where. And the reason necessary survivalist dogma will retreat, right along with posturing non-cooperative competitiveness. Is we'll have greater-opportunity to indulge our growing interests, and further nurture our existing interests. -The same competitive edge that would have us suggest we need protect and retain a world of today, is exactly why we won't reject the coming Human intelligence-augmentation that will facilitate an increased earning capacity. Both in passive earnings, and self-made interests that may well serve contribution to others passive investments. (Which is of no matter in any event). -My meaning is, fulfilled personal interests naturally presents opportunistic wealth and free-trade. There will be a tremendous amount of money being made, to one's own comfort and desire. The free time, derived of greater intelligence capacity, doesn't describe inevitable-"sloth", by measure of reasonable consideration. This is the residue of thinking, brought about by a world beaten into a life of JOB, and by proximity: it manifests our current stance of brutal-self servitude in this threatened-status. Obviously we're not talking about a Utopian Society here: but just the progression of a consumer market relationship that is perpetually expansive and interactive by the very activity and opportunity that enables this steady progression of so-called free time, to realize our vital curiosity. There's no way we won't be far more active, than we can imagine. The love of work may well become an issue, by consequence. Although compulsive indulgence in any one thing, doesn't ring true of being likely, given our increased availability of interests being met.

Video games, would seem to suggest a failing-obsession; as you mentioned Robin. But to say people are missing true synergistic-intelligence is a difficult argument to uphold. It's my impression that the so-called fantasies, or extremes depicted in Films, serves our society in the same way a supposed sense of accomplishment is derived by way of Games or "cheats" -you speak to.

If we're able to freely play in the sandbox, and experience fantasy & scenario. I suspect this must foster a far greater social-availability, given Social-Skills don't amount to more than the ease and comfort among ourselves. The logic being, indulgence exercises the mind's expressive energy. Hours spent in the gaming rooms, and the hours spent in SecondLife participation, that already consumes many people lives... (And i can't imagine why.) ...THEY'RE BORED OUT OF THEIR SKULLS! Might have something to do with it. -THEY GOT NOTHING BETTER TO DO! Could well be another reason. :) Nevertheless, these are poor arguments of suggestion, that society generally, is seemingly unfulfilled. The arguments are nonsense, for no other reason than the obvious measure of enjoyment Games provide, and well sparks its Players. Which naturally embraces a so-called, 'unfulfilled' society, and its social-accountability & graces otherwise. It goes hand in hand, as do MAN & MACHINE, shortly eventuating a complete merger, if one so chooses. And not forgetting we haven't even gotten into the 'Total Immersion'-'Virtual Reality' Games, steadily coming into focus. :)

It's necessary to truly absorb what we're advocating, and fully appreciate why. Although- it could be, (and i would be utterly shocked) -that some Musicians choose not to take advantage, and participate in any improvements to themselves. Whether that of Brain, or Body. My meaning is it'd be contrary to our genetic-impulse, that insists we strive to self-improve. Particularly in light of practical responsibilities. But then again, we're set-up to fight like hell, to keep everything exactly as it is!

:lol:

Go figure-

-

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  8. Alan Dismukes

Alan Dismukes Piano User

Oct 16, 2007
    Alabama
    Maybe they can build a robot that can play better than I can, but no robot is going to replace the enjoyment I get out of playing.

9. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    thats true Alan playing the trumpet is fun

10. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

"Maybe they can build a robot that can play better than I can, but no robot is going to replace the enjoyment I get out of playing." -Alan Dismukes

Never 'better', and never 'replace' Mr. Dismukes. -The years and decades ahead will only add things to the list of what we enjoy, and create personal-time to enjoy them more thoroughly. Although, Robots would be more technically sound, and have a far greater memory than us, if we elect not to learn some new tricks. Which will be as affordable and convenient as cellphone upgrades are today. We're talking about mass-consumerism, not elitist privilege.

-