Trumpet Robot

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mason, Nov 16, 2008.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The list of what we enjoy will not grow due robot technology. The list of what we find tolerable will however. What probably will decrease ist our tolerance of stupidity.
    Do cell phones heighten any experience? I dare say NO! The expectation in the cell phone generation is that we be constantly available, EVEN for the morons that have not even thought about what they want to say. We are often forced to listen to babble until they have figured out what they want to say.

Is robot music any different? Maybe in coolness factor. Again, it is just blowing technical smoke to camouflage the fact that the music is not very good - but the TECHNOLOGY.

The robot looks like he is playing upstream with a flat chin if you ask me! The articulation is probably "10". That is Tooh (two) in binary.

2. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

You worry too much Robin.

:D

-But as you say, my friend.

I should point out though; that the playing style and sound of our Favorite Artists - programmed so reverently, that only a true fan could appreciate it fully, are just a request away.

Meticulously designed programs of any and all Artists that we can think of, will be available in a package deal. At a fraction of the cost of a Live performance from just one of these Artists. And certainly none of them will refuse the royalties & exposure of their work, generated in this manner. Not unlike registering the particular physicality of athletes for video-games. It's all just yet another activity of sales, and promotion. To look at it from a strict perspective of viable commercial appeal.

Now depending on certain settings, i'd be loath to consider such fine tuned replication myself. As would anybody. But otherwise, this is grand disposition, to be sure. And incidentally, we'll be available to these program downloads also, at a reasonable price of-course. An incredible learning tool doesn't even begin to describe the advantage here. Today we listen to recordings and learn. Tomorrow, we'll download an exacting echo of an Artist's playing style & sound, and nuance thereof: directly into our Gray Matter. Then negotiate to mold it in and of our own migrating style, that such extensive and direct-merger with so many Artists will provoke. This isn't an instant learning curve by any stretch, but certainly a leap beyond anything we yet enjoy!

:lol:

It's all truly fantastic to consider! -And i've been reading and speaking with people in the know for years. More on point of AGI, but it's all justifiably impressive, and still gets me turned around. It reminds me of what my Father would always say to me, with a child-like grin. "If you can't hang with the Big Dawgs - you best just stay on the porch." :)

I razz us Robin, but you're starting to see my meaning when i say this thing is a Runaway Train. Keep in mind, that what we're talking about is just a small little nook of what's taking hold in all we do, and all we are. We're truly fortunate to be seeing it up close. As it is, your strong reactions are precisely why you'll be the first in line to keep pace with the world. -And 'Pimp Your Ride' w/the latest & greatest 'cell phones' of enhanced human-intelligence. -And you'll obviously be as excited about it, as you were when you got your Monettes. How could you not. How could anyone not be excited about the 'tools' that afford us the ability to express ourselves with greater accessibility, in all we do.

Inevitably, our increasing Opportunity, is the leading-measure of technological success. Which doesn't say that its Quality is failing us now. Obviously the spirit to achieve the freedoms derived of greater opportunity is as indomitable as our Humanity, that insists on nothing less. And is exactly the same spirit that will manifest itself in Conscious Machines, or non-biological intelligence. To suggest different, is to alienate ourselves from who and what we are. Intelligence has no limitations of form.

Cheers Robin-

C

-

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  3. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    :huh:

4. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by godchaser [​IMG]

the playing style and sound of our Favorite Artists - programmed so reverently,

Intelligence has no limitations of form.

C
    -

[​IMG]

Robin's position is that the current play of Robots isn't getting it done, Nordlands. And he's more or less right, but they'll get better. :) Or their programs will become far more accommodating, is accurate of Drone Robots. Conscious Robots and us too: will effectively be 'Walking in the Shoes' of the Artist, by way of these same programs, via computer-interface. Which will be available to us flesh and bone Humans, through nanorobotics. We'll inject, or swallow a pill of a billion or so of our little nano-buddies, and BOOM! -our heads will explode.

Or what's more likely, is they'll hop and skip a beat to our Gray-Goo, and make themselves at home. So now, do we not only have a photographic retention of every piece of music, that's ever been written. And everything else we surf, given our nano-buddy real-time connection. But more pointed of the conversation, we now have a compliment of Artists, in Residence of our Skulls.

:D

Well- at least all the Artists' programs that we paid for. Now don't misunderstand. Just because we got an incredible appreciation of their Shoes by way of program, isn't truly representative of our ability to Walk in their shoes. Drones, will simply take dictation and recite to audience appreciation, whereas we'll make the Music our own. (Humans & Conscious Machines alike.) But nevertheless, we're experiencing the music as the Artist intended, and as they interpret it. We've gleaned their experiential-perspective and have the benefit of what would otherwise be less illuminated learning experience.

And this is still a little crude given we'll progressively feed our heads by this same course of interface and interaction from all measure of interests. Like an instant blog, if we like. We'll check in for some greetings among friends, in the highlights of the day's events, and new friends we just met. It'll be like we experienced it ourselves. Not in lue of their own perspective, mind you. But certainly by measure of an effectiveness we'd presently estimate a Virtual experience. So really all we're talking about, directly- is the fact that we're further enabling a community of Musicians, that can now interact with extraordinary latitude of Musical interpretation.

Which is my meaning of intelligence having no limitations of form. Whether we're talking about the progressive stance of Intelligence-Communication, from one to another. (By example of what will be available to us in the short-term view of human intelligence enhancement.) Or its physical form, as seen in our projections of ourselves, or biological-intelligence, and Conscious Machines, or non-biological intelligence.

There's no meaningful difference. Form follows function. We're not truly enhancing Intelligence at all -we're simply making ourselves available to more of what's already there. To that, our form will naturally follow. We'll eventually outgrow our biological-selves entirely, for mirror of its beauty in synthetic invulnerability. No reason to feel apprehensive about looking at Robots and their budding attributes. We're just looking into ourselves.

Chris

-

5. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Chris,
    I don't worry, I deal with it. I am also not the joe with the newest and bestest. Real innovation makes ME want to work harder. That is not what the industry wants. They bank on growth but give us very little meat worth
    investing in.

Accessibility can be a real curse. It often exposes things not ready and robs the individual of time to mature. Just like pregnancy needs 9 months to get the job done, our development needs incubation too. Accessibility breaks those eggs before they are ready to hatch.

Like many posts on internet forums, much of the content is simple virtual vomit (binary barf, digital defecation), not even worth the time it took to type it in.

The trumpet robot? An effective exercize in marketing although a maggio system fuel injector could be a great invention for an automobile manufacturer! Double C could correspond to lets say, 200 MPH.

excuse me, let me wipe up the mess...........................

6. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

"Real innovation makes ME want to work harder."

Exactly so. It's not possible it would provoke less.

-The statement does motion the question though: why you feel others would respond differently to a greatly-heightened accessibility of Tools. Or what the alternative is- given this is the inevitability of our society. Possibly you share the sentiment of Industry, as you see their deliberate reservation in contributing to a legitimate-consumerism. I don't twist your meaning and fold your words, but i am trying to suggest that this attitude seems to be a recycled version of the same regurgitate contributions, you're railing against here.

You understand my meaning, Robin. When you say 'innovation' makes you want to work harder, you and i are in complete agreement. Opportunity can only advance one's curiosity. Any who would say different, doesn't know from where they speak. However, our needs to project a pace of acclimation one may experience their progressive opportunity, by contrast of another. Can't be more than a failed acknowledgment that the coming years and decades of tech. advance, does not equate a greater margin of 'exposure', than times of the past. Regardless of how we define exposure. -Again, it's our natural pulse to drop our current view of the World; right in on top of the future. It's a square in a circle, to give a nod to the least of it. Which is to say, that nothing escapes the checks and balances of commercial viability. And this was yet another point of excitement for me, in sight of an expansive Music Industry. "Effective exercise" in marketing doesn't strike me a V branded on society, or the Music World, my friend. :) There's no Villain beyond our haunting reluctance.

Cheers-

Chris

The impressive nature of these things always puts me to mind of Steam Locomotives & Train. Lima 614 there- was the Last Loco built in the U.S. If i'm not mistaken, She's currently doing Nostalgia Runs out of N.J.?

YouTube - C&O 614 at speed

-

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  7. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Now that is the clearest statement to emerge from this entire e-dialog.

I have written ad-nauseam about it and so won't reiterate, except to say that it is not only the individual, but organizations, institutions, and governments that set in motion the adverse impacts of employing technology when they barely understand it. And the consequences of this are visited on every human being on the face of the planet, like it, understand it, or not.

8. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

-And yet, we're still here. :)

I think Robin- if i'm not mistaken veery, was speaking in the direction of instant gratification. -We'll have ample time to acclimate ourselves to the advancing depth and breadth of our technological momentum. It can't be avoided. The idea that we'll be hyper-intelligent over-night. Living among Machines, stealing food off our plates, is more of our hestitation to see beyond what is in front of us. The world will obviously become dramatically different than it is now, over the near-term.

-

9. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    I agree, that's what it's all about, isn't it? And besides, I'd bet you if trumpet robots start getting common, their novelty will be erased and eventually no one will want to hear them, they'll want real people. And that brings us back into the same boat we are now, so why spend billions (I don't see how they could pull it off without doing so) just to end up where we started?

10. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Chris,
    with all of the accessibility to great trumpet recordings, method books, highest quality instruments, even great advice here at TM, we have posters that demand to be spoon fed, incapable of using the search feature or unwilling to take simple common sense advice. One would think that the easy stuff would become commonplace. That is human nature and will not change.

As much as many of us are very excited about playing trumpet, there are members here that freely comment with NO EXPERIENCE. The veteran can go into ignore mode, but the gullible ingest the BS and spit it back out later as if it were truth. My take is that technology will never be able to turn the lights on when no one is home...............

I guess an ensemble full of Toyota robots would be great for the band director that feels he is ignored by the musicians - until the realization comes that the robots don't follow out of free will..................