Trumpet Secrets!!!!!! The mysterious phenomenon I don't Understand

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RicardoStalwart, Aug 20, 2013.

1. RicardoStalwart

RicardoStalwart Pianissimo User

Aug 20, 2012
    Maryland
    HAHA! I GUESS. STANDARD TROMBONE IT IS
    ; NO KIDDING IM ACTUALLY IN THE PROCESS OF A BREAKTHROGH ; I FEEL LIKE THE ANSWERS/ SECRETS ARE ALL WITHIN IS JUST A MATTER OF UNRAVELING IT ALL ; WHICH IS WHERE EXTERNAL STIMULI COMES IN THANKS MATE! IT WAS WORTH THE 13 PAGES which included 7 pages of ridule and 3 to preventTM crucifixion haha!

2. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    No, you can switch the playing and the put the mouthpiece in part, according to another thread :play:

That does seem like a brilliant bit of KT information there, the second one I've seen. Maybe my uncle was wrong :eek:

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Kingtrumpet... you have been studying your physiology, perhaps from that great medical professor, Dr. Onady, but your discussion IS very good. Good enough such that I bestow on to you an honorary MD degree, by virtue of my delusional authority. So be it known to all on TM, that August 24th is Dr. Kingtrumpet day, and remember KT... first do no harm.

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Trumpets are martial instruments--they are meant to do harm, or at least incite it. Trombones are for comic relief, baritones for trumpet players who can't cut it, and the French horn for neurotic baritone players. As for the Sousaphone, it is, uhh, is for "special" players.

5. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm not sure Ted. I think you can ... you just can't do it for long. :-)

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    FYI, The tenor trombone mouthpiece is the same as that of the baritone or euphonium, at least it matches my euphonium which I prefer the 6.5 AL to the 12C. But I agree, it strengthens the facial muscles that in turn support the lips. Of course, with age my facial muscles are now sagging ... and is every other part of my body so it seems.

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    just wanted to see this again -- DR KT. ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I told you -- you just have to look at the right posts ---- everything else in life is just funny to me!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

As in John Philip Sousa Kendall?:dontknow:

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Hope you're not inferring that the Sousaphone is for those like John Philip Sousa ... he's dead and buried in Congressional Cemetery, Washington DC. Though it is propounded and acclaimed that he played every instrument in his bands, no factual evidence is put forth that he played them all ... or any other than a violin of which he was then renown. At best, all that is factual is that he approved of the Sousaphone design, as was still only a modification of a then existing European instrument. From all I can discern, it sounded no better than a tuba or this other European one. Too, it was a real pain on my left clavicle joint and I'll not play one again. It's is very questionable if I now could ... or even lift one.