Trumpet shops & trumpet players in Wien, Österreich

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by marsuleu, Nov 2, 2014.

1. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    Hello ,

Tomorrow I am coming again to Wien Österreich ( Viena , Austria ) for one week ( I will spend a few weeks this year in Wien ).
    I've already been to Votruba Intruments and tried a few instruments there . I was looking for Schagerl JM1 model , but the shop had only a Mnozil Brass model. they told me they are the only dealer for Schagerl in Wien ... are you kidding me ?!? you are in the home country of Schagerl , you are the only dealer in town and you have only one model in stock to try out ?!?
    I am still very curious about JM models , but couldn't find any of these.
    So , trumpet players from Wien... are you happy to let me blow your Schagerl instruments ? :)

2. Ed Kennedy

Ed Kennedy Forte User

Nov 18, 2006
    How about a factory tour?

3. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    I don't have time to visit the factory...I wish I could, but the factory is not in Wien...

4. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Schagerl have a network of so-called "dealers", who only are allowed a few pieces by the company. In fact, Schagerl only uses the "dealers" to catch new fish and then have them led to their workshop... most Schagerl sales are done there. I've been living in Vienna for some years now, and there is no other trumpet shop even approaching VOTRUBA in quality of repair workmanship and selection of available models. But then, Austrian (and German) trumpet makers have been doing direct selling for so long that selling by dealer justis not done there. Most Schagerl models in Votruba actually are second-hand instruments - you might ask them for something in that line...

Actually, Schagerl do have a fairly lax policy about sending instruments for trial.