Trumpet Solo in Love's "Alone Again Or"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by PMFHorn, May 14, 2011.

1. PMFHorn

PMFHorn New Friend

Mar 13, 2011
    Gainesville, FL
    Does anyone remember the song "Alone Again Or" (written by Brian MacLean) by the '60s psychedelic/pop/proto-punk/garage rock/folk rock band "Love" fronted by Arthur Lee? It's Spanish/Mexican flavored and contains an exquisite brass/strings arrangement (by David Angel) featuring a gorgeous trumpet solo (by studio musician Bud Brisbois ??).

YouTube - Love - Alone Again Or

2. Trumpet-Golfer

Trumpet-Golfer Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2008
    Liverpool, England
    I certainly do Paul. One of my favourite songs of all time. This trumpet solo inspired me to take up trumpet over five years ago.
    I originally thought it was a Moody Blues track, however I later discovered it was by the LA band LOVE, and so I bought the album ‘Forever Changes’
    I read that the album producer hired some musicians from the LA Phil string and trumpet section to play on this track, as Brian Maclean wanted to get a flamenco / mariachi sound in there.
    I asked Thomas Stevens via E mail whether he played the solo or knew who played the solo. Mr Stevens was kind enough to reply that he didn’t play on this album and could not shed any light onto who did.
    Paul was it Bud Brisbois, you seem to question this?

3. tinker6700

tinker6700 New Friend

Oct 4, 2009
    so cal
    I know this an old thread but I would like to know also, if anyone has any knowledge

4. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Me too. Long time favourite of Mrs Seth and I.