trumpet stand... the dark side?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JRgroove, Aug 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    It is. Bought it in the late 70's and that thing is still going strong. I have it hooked into a base amp (in the corner between the organ and Kertzweil and the large bank of dual speakers which it is sitting on. I can move the house off its foundation with that thing.

2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Sun Ra used to move large audiences off their seats with it.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Guess you can say in both situations, we brought the house down.:-P

4. ChinTurret

ChinTurret New Friend

Jun 8, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    I have the stand pictured and it is very sturdy, works well at gigs, well designed and constructed. I particularly like how it breaks down for storage and transport. I settled on this stand, amongst other choices, because I could take the broken down stand and store it within the bell and then within my case. An excellent opportunity to use space judiciously. Now for the concerning part...after storing the stand in the bell a few times, I have noticed that the stand fits very snug within the bell and keeps the horn from drying out. The stand has had moisture on it and there has been moisture within the horn. Needless to say I do not think this is a good thing. I am still using the stand as a stand but I transport it separate from being inside the bell. A bummer but I still am happy with the stand.

5. jengstrom

jengstrom Pianissimo User

Oct 17, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    The organ player in the rock band I played with in high school had an M3. One night the other trumpet player and I decided to help him out and carried it up a spiral staircase. I thought the owner would kill us when he found out.

-John

6. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    "Is this thread wandering"?

"Like a Bedouin in a sand storm"

[​IMG]