Trumpet Stands

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NOwens, Nov 15, 2008.

1. nplotts1

nplotts1 Fortissimo User

Aug 5, 2007
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I use the Hercules stand (not the spider) and a K&M 3 leg, I have a class mate who uses the Herc. Spider and another who uses the K&M 5 leg. I prefer my Hercules over all the others. I find that the K&M sits too close to the floor for me, and even being that close to the floor, the 3 leg is still rather unstable, if you get a KM get the 5 leg. I don't like the spider (even though it is more portable) for pretty close to the same reason, its low to the ground, and it doesn't look as sturdy as the bigger stand, however, I could be wrong a I have never personally used it.

2. Brass crusader

Brass crusader Mezzo Piano User

I've got a Hercules 3 stand, and I usually leave that at home. However, if I know that I'm gonna need several horns(Flugel, C, multiple Bb's), I'll bring it along. The K&M stands fold up and travel right in the bell of your horn. I really like packing these along, and in fact, I need to get a few more for the practice room.:-)
    Also, Giardenelli used to make these big, plastic stands that had a really wide base, so they could fit atrumept or flugel. I don't know if you can still get them, but one of my teachers swears by his.

3. Ed Kennedy

Ed Kennedy Forte User

Nov 18, 2006
    I love my Spyders. They are light and stable. To make them more "bell friendly" take a polishing cloth or an old felt hat and cut a hole in the middle and drape the legs. You wwon't get those scuff marks onthe bell anymore.