Trumpet stuttering!?!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by loweredsixth, Nov 12, 2005.

1. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    Alexuss' website

You are right. The link found in Wilmer's posting DOES take one to Alex' website. The link found in her profile does NOT.

OLDLOU>>

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Re: Alexuss' website

Hey Lou, I fixed the problem. It was just my typing with two left hands and I incorrectly spelled the domain address to my site on my profile. Doh! It should be fixed now where you can click from my profile and get to where you want to go. I will be up late many nights in the next weeks trying to get my site updated to where I like it. I have so much stuff to add and want to update the look and navigation around the site. I will be sure to let everyone know when I have finally completed this very time-consuming, daunting task. LOL.

Thanks for posting a link Wilmer. I would be lost without you. ;-)

I have two domains and will eventually have my site listed only under the http://www.virtualtrumpetstudio.com domain. The mirror-site address is http://www.petrouska.com. Either one will get you there for now though.

3. loweredsixth

loweredsixth Pianissimo User

Mar 11, 2005
    Fresno, California, USA
    Thanks guys!

4. joshuasullins

joshuasullins Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2005
    Silverdale, WA
    It also sounds to me like you have over-thought the instrument. Maybe what you need to do is take a break from thinking about the attacks. You can still make your practicing intellectual and efficient, but just try not to think about an initial burst of air. It sounds to me like you have seperated the act of breathing and starting an attack of a note. Instead, the two should be so closely related, as normal as taking a breath before speaking. Just like Manny said, really. There really shouldn't be a break between the breath and the beginning of the note. Holding your air is the worst thing you can do, I believe. To play musically I think you have to be relaxed, and to be relaxed I think you have to try and breathe as normally as possible. So instead of thinking about the attack, try thinking about taking a complete breath and allowing the horn to do what it do, naturally. You can always come back to single out the attack later if you choose to.

I have had this kind of thing happen to me a couple of times off the top of my head that I can recall. I try to isolate a problem to the point where I am thinking about it so much, that it gets worse. I find for me, sometimes taking a break from it does the trick.

~Joshua