Trumpet Technician/repair/restoration in Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DocLips, Jun 17, 2011.

1. DocLips

DocLips Pianissimo User

Dec 27, 2010
    Retiring next month to Puerto Rico where I hope to do some serious woodshedding with all my horns. Just curious if anyone out there lives/plays in Puerto Rico and can recommend a top-flight trumpet/technician/repairman or restoration expert on the island. Thanks and Happy Father's Day to all.:-)

2. Victoria R

Victoria R New Friend

Jun 3, 2011
    I hope you're enjoying your staying here.[​IMG]

3. DocLips

DocLips Pianissimo User

Dec 27, 2010
    Not there yet but soon:-)

4. DocLips

DocLips Pianissimo User

Dec 27, 2010
    I'll try this post again...Just replying to my posts back in December 2010. I finally made it down in July and had to wait 5 months to have a phone line repaired which left me without Internet :evil: Oh, well...Anyway I found a place called ARTMUSIC in Caguas, Puerto Rico, about a half-hour by car from my home. The people there are wonderful; extremely courteous and helpful and from what I observed from musicians visiting the store while I was there, very popular. While I did not need any repair services (they repair almost all instruments) I did purchase an amplifier for my accordion (OK, wise guys, no "Lady of Spain" jokes, LOL). If you find yourself in the same boat as I, you can call them at 787 703 9999 or visit them on the Internet: www.artmusicpr.com. It's always good to have a repair shop when you're new to a place.
    A special hello to Victoria R. I made it!:-)

5. DocLips

DocLips Pianissimo User

Dec 27, 2010
    I'll try this post again...Just replying to my posts back in December 2010. I finally made it down in July and had to wait 5 months to have a phone line repaired which left me without Internet :evil: Oh, well...Anyway I found a place called ARTMUSIC in Caguas, Puerto Rico, about a half-hour by car from my home. The people there are wonderful; extremely courteous and helpful and from what I observed from musicians visiting the store while I was there, very popular. While I did not need any repair services (they repair almost all instruments) I did purchase an amplifier for my accordion (OK, wise guys, no "Lady of Spain" jokes, LOL). If you find yourself in the same boat as I, you can call them at 787 703 9999 or visit them on the Internet: Artmusic Corp Caguas Puerto Rico. It's always good to have a repair shop when you're new to a place.
    A special hello to Victoria R. I made it!:-)

6. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    I just shipped an LA Ambassador slide a man who just arrived in to Puerto Rico yesterday. It looks like the island is filling up with trumpet players.

7. DocLips

DocLips Pianissimo User

Dec 27, 2010
    Hi, Chuck

I don't know how many trumpet players are down here, but I can assure you, they all play better than I do!ROFL