Trumpet/Trombone player needed!! (Australia)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by wanderer21, Jan 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. wanderer21

wanderer21 New Friend

Nov 15, 2012
    Australia
    Hello,

I'm a member of the RBB (Red and Black Bloc) and we support the Western Sydney Wanderers in the Hyundai A-League. We're currently looking for any trumpet/trombone players to join our RBB marching band to help spice up the football atmosphere! We play our home matches at Parramatta Stadium in Sydney, Australia. We want to create a festive atmosphere for everyone to enjoy. We have plenty of drummers already but adding a horn player would help us immensely. We need help on getting chants sung in the correct melody and set a solid tempo throughout chants.

If you're interested on joining us contact me, Pia, and I'll give you more information on what chants to learn etc.

Here are some examples on what we want to achieve:

Boca Racing Ini12 / Entran los bombos - YouTube

Boca Juniors Fans - YouTube

So if you live near Parramatta and play either the trumpet/trombone then we'd love for you join us!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Are you SURE this is what you want? :think::dontknow:

3. wanderer21

wanderer21 New Friend

Nov 15, 2012
    Australia
    Positive. We desperately need a couple of trumpet players to join us. Like I said, we need to get everyone to sing the melody of the chants sung correctly. People are not learning them properly so we all sound monotone. If you've ever caught a game by the Wanderers at home, you'll hear that we're pretty loud and impressive. We only want to get better.

4. melza

melza Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2010
    Australia
    It sounds a great idea, I'm in Melbourne though. Best of luck, I was at the Melbourne heart game yesterday and a brass band would have definitely added to the atmosphere, hopefully a few club supporters take it on.

5. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    If I weren't an entire hemisphere, a large ocean, and an entire continent including two mountain ranges away, I'd think that this is an awesome opportunity :p

6. wanderer21

wanderer21 New Friend

Nov 15, 2012
    Australia
    Haha wish you were in Sydney! We need more people like you :) There's gotta be someone out there who'd love to join us! I drum at every game for the love of it.

7. wanderer21

wanderer21 New Friend

Nov 15, 2012
    Australia
  8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I suppose airfare and a Visa are out of your price range.

9. wanderer21

wanderer21 New Friend

Nov 15, 2012
    Australia
    Everyone who helps out volunteers for the love of it...

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Ahhh, the same as TM pay rates then?