Trumpet Wife

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrotherBACH, May 18, 2014.

1. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    My wife loves the following You Tube Video:

Brass player's EX-girlfriend - YouTube

But, despite really feeling this way, for our 28t wedding anniversary today she contacted my teacher for advice and bought me a mouthpiece that I was considering. Despite feeling that way, she purchased a mint Bach Mt. Vernon medium bore trumpet same vintage as me, with signed guarantee, for my 50th birthday. Despite feeing that way, she took me to the Monette factory two years ago for my 51st birthday to purchase the B3FS7. Despite feeling way, I can in a few short minutes practice at home on without a practice mute. I am feeling very blessed.

BB

2. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    40 years for me in June. My wife would never think of buying me anything trumpet related. Mind you I've usually bought what I want and just tell her to give some money towards it.

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    27+!!!!! Yeah, just give me cash! Cash IS KING!!!

4. trumpetpastor

trumpetpastor New Friend

Aug 2, 2013
    Charlotte North Carolina
    Twenty years here and this video is hilarious!!!

5. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Let's see now. 12 + 10 + 6 = Yeah. I've been married 28 years. Never had a domestic problem, music related.

6. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    28 years for us too. 1986. Wow! Valve oil breath! Really? I've been accused of trumpet breath. :oops:

7. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Wow. Someone tell her shes not good looking enough to be such a bitch. Funny stuff. Its 31 years for me. Mine is a saint thats been through a lot of health problems. Stomach banding and now two new knees and shes on her way to be her old beautiful self again. Im so proud of her, her name is Sherri. Congratulations to all of you who have wives like mine! Great thread. Best wishes.

8. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    My wife tolerates my practicing as long as she doesn't have to hear it and it doesn't take any time. She became a lot less enthused about my playing when she realized that music takes time and practice. Exercises drive her crazy; etudes not so much so; music is OK until repetition. With anything other than a practice mute, I can be six rooms away with the doors closed, and she'll complain that she has to turn up the TV to compensate. Projection!

9. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    Pretty much sums it up, except for long tones.

BB

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Yours and J. Jerichos echo my wife's sentiments as well.