Trumpet Wife

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrotherBACH, May 18, 2014.

1. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    My last abode in Germany was owned by an opera singer who lived next door to me. We were on the second floor and one year around Christmas, she short-term rented the bottom floor out to a touring Russian folklore band. I'll never forget one day when she was singing, with piano accompaniment, in the adjacent apartment classical music for an upcoming recital, I was wailing along with a recorded background jazz, and below me the Folklore band struck up, also rehearsing for upcoming performances. What a wonderful cacophony. I wouldn't trade moments like that for anything.

2. drmctchr

drmctchr Pianissimo User

Mar 19, 2012
    My wife and I are late bloomers and have only been married nearly 17 years (in July). Last summer she bought me a Kanstul 1525 Flugel (used but like new). She has also promised me that if her ex-husband puts her back into his will, she will buy me a Wild Thing flugel too. I'm a little worried of the consequences of a menage a trois with the Kanstul and the Wild Thing. Seems kind of horny ... and delicious.

3. neal085

neal085 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 6, 2012
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Eleven years yesterday.

My wife was leery of my trumpet playing, probably because I took lessons and practiced for 3 months without telling her, and then played at church one day, and it very much surprised her. She came to accept it, and then finally embraced it. She actually ponied up for my last N+1.

Prefers Etudes or music, but she'll put up with exercises if I follow them with a few of her favorite songs.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    My wife was never that caustic. But she did not appreciate the increasing gig dates the Quintet was playing. And at a time I am making a big career move toward music. My post count fell off the past coupled days because after 28 years of marriage, I decided to change directions in my career and my personal life, so left my wife only yesterday. My music world has suddenly opened up for me. It is a bitter sweet decision, but in the long run I believe we both will benefit from this move.

5. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I'll tell you honestly, any woman who didn't like my playing and performing wouldn't get anywhere near being a significant other, much less a spouse.

6. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Good luck,G-Man. Those times can be a rough road sometimes:oops:

7. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Good luck Gary. Hope things go as you wish.

8. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    Gmonady,

I wish you all the best. It must have been very difficult.

BB

9. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    GM, it is important to be true to yourself; who YOU are. I said important, not easy. Best wishes for happiness on the horizon

10. zerbinatti

zerbinatti Pianissimo User

Mar 26, 2012
    Brazil
    I have been married for 4 years. After the "acclimation" period, My wife was about to get used to my practice routine and I had just bought a wonderful trumpet...Right now I have two kids. They are 2 and 6 months old. Maybe I should build a practice room if I wish to play again or start another thread: Playing trumpet with kids : )